Clutch Slave Cylinder

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need opinions on the pros & cons of mounting a clutch slave cylinder as pictured. My concern is clutch pedal effort. Too heavy?

Attachments

• SP_A1510.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 187
When I bought my 69 Dart it was set up the same way. Pedal effort was a bit high but not bad. Worst part was pedal TRAVEL. It only had about 1-1/2" of pedal travel. Difficult to drive on the street.

George

I can't tell much from the pic because it's so small, but if it's at the pedal it's a master, not a slave. The slave cylinder is the one at the clutch. Easy way to remember. The master goes at the pedal and tells the slave at the clutch what to do. Not a big deal, just be sure to have the terminology right when you order parts.

I can't tell much from the pic because it's so small, but if it's at the pedal it's a master, not a slave. The slave cylinder is the one at the clutch. Easy way to remember. The master goes at the pedal and tells the slave at the clutch what to do. Not a big deal, just be sure to have the terminology right when you order parts.

You're right '64 Cuda. That is the master cylinder. Brain fart!

It looks like the master is mounted way too low on the pedal, I'm assuming you dont want to cut up the firewall. The pedal effort is going to depend on master cyl size vs slave cyl size. If your master is smaller than the slave, the effort to push the pedal might be ok but you might run out of stroke before the clutch is released.

-
Back