Clutch style posi rebuilding

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When rebuilding your 8 3/4 center sections has anyone bothered to change the clutch packs in their clutch style posi units? I am rebuilding my 8 3/4 so now would be the time to do it. I did not get a chance to drive my project before starting my restoration so I cannot give any feedback on street manners. Any suggestions on how to determine the condition before ordering new parts?

Thanks

When rebuilding your 8 3/4 center sections has anyone bothered to change the clutch packs in their clutch style posi units? I am rebuilding my 8 3/4 so now would be the time to do it. I did not get a chance to drive my project before starting my restoration so I cannot give any feedback on street manners. Any suggestions on how to determine the condition before ordering new parts?

Thanks

If you're going that deep into it I'd certainly change the plates. They aren't that expensive. You can inspect them for damage and warpage but hell if you've got them apart throw in a new set they're only 70-90 bucks.

Terry JMO

I totally agree with Terry.......very cheap insurance...just be sure to add the additive to eliminate clutch chatter......Kim.........

I think it was Steve Detar over on bigblockdart.com who posted an article on how to check the condition of the discs while in the drop out. He used a torque wrench, good write up. Gave specs on when it was O.K. and when it should be rebuilt.

-
Back