Clutchnet Clutch's

-
I have been using them for decades. Great company & a fine product.

A family business - I started dealing with the father in the 1980's, and now his son runs the business.

B.

Looks like nice parts. You must have to contact them for specs and measurements. tmm

I found them merely by accident looking for a 10" clutch that fits the older cast iron bell housing, and I want to keep mine.

Was thinking about having my flywheel drilled for the phord 3x2 pattern and using a Centerforce dual friction that is 1" shaft 23 spline 10" deal, 90-97 Ranger 4.0 thinking it would hold way more than the cheesy looking /6 truck clutch I bought that was 10" also.

Clutchnet list a 10" for the 273 and it looks much better.

10" here: http://clutchnet.com/clutches/browse/2994-clutch-kit-package?sef=hc

Best thing to do is pick the phone up & call them.

They can do all sorts of things that would take too long to put on a web site.

I have done a lot of swaps over the years. When you need a disc for an engine & trans from two different makes - they can do it.

If you talk to them they can work out what you really want to do with a clutch.

I have been in their shop. They actually make products. Not like some outfits that un-wrap chinese stuff & re-box it...

B

Boheca2x0, I am going to call them tomorrow and find out more and will report back.

Toolmanmike,

If I remember right, you went with a 10" clutch in your 273? What brand and how is it holding up / thoughts?

Rbob

Best thing to do is pick the phone up & call them.

They can do all sorts of things that would take too long to put on a web site.

I have done a lot of swaps over the years. When you need a disc for an engine & trans from two different makes - they can do it.

If you talk to them they can work out what you really want to do with a clutch.

I have been in their shop. They actually make products. Not like some outfits that un-wrap chinese stuff & re-box it...

B

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear: No offshore crap! and built here by us and for us!

Makes me proud!

I used this one from Brewers. Others have got theirs from NAPA. There is quite a few threads on FABO about the 10" clutches for the 273's. You can find them by using the search feature. I had trouble with a e-bay clutch (like the Brewers unit) so I took the Brewers clutch to the local Clutchmasters shop to be checked out and it was perfect. tmm

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=251

TMM

Trouble, exactly what I am trying to avoid. Yes, searched and read tons of stuff on the 10" clutch just nothing to write home about as far as being a strong performance type clutch and I know how I can be on a clutch.

What is you opinion on the Brewers?

I put 120,000 hard miles on an EZ Lock Pro clutch.

Sprung hub 6 puck unit. In a pickup. Axles touching the mud? Need more torque? 3500 & slip the clutch. I beat on that disc plenty.

Break in? Well, spray the crap out of the disc, flywheel & pressure plate with WD40 & assemble. Drive it. A nice burnish after a couple of normal starts, really quite streetable.

Like they say "Same day shipment because WE make it."

B.

TMM

Trouble, exactly what I am trying to avoid. Yes, searched and read tons of stuff on the 10" clutch just nothing to write home about as far as being a strong performance type clutch and I know how I can be on a clutch.

What is you opinion on the Brewers?

The Brewers clutch works good but I would describe it as a stock replacement. The Clutchmasters guy thought it would hold 300hp. with occasional abuse. They can take the pressure plate apart and set it up with more/heavier springs for more clamping power. I will say though that the Borg and Beck style pressure plates are noted for going over center at higher rpm (pedal sticks to the floor).
Most racers use a Long style. The diaphragm clutches are ok too. tmm

-
Back