Coatings over small bare metal parts

-

moparspares

Reaction score
What do use to coat parts such as bolts, small brake parts etc after they have been cleaned with a wire wheel. Would like to find a tough hard wearing coating that looks like a natural metal finish. It would be nice to get stuff replated but the expense on doing small amounts would not be worthwhile.

I'm going to try Eastwoods EXO-ARMOUR on most of my bare metal parts, the specs are pretty impressive on temperature and salt spray resistance but since I haven't tested it at all it might be a bit of a gamble. Wouldn't mind if any members have tried it to let us know their opinion.

I'm going to try Eastwoods EXO-ARMOUR on most of my bare metal parts, the specs are pretty impressive on temperature and salt spray resistance but since I haven't tested it at all it might be a bit of a gamble. Wouldn't mind if any members have tried it to let us know their opinion.

Thanks thats what im looking for. Will get some and try it. Also found a product called clear zinc from eastwood as well

Google "Parkerizing". I buy chemicals & cook on an old Coleman camp stove. Great results.

What do use to coat parts such as bolts, small brake parts etc after they have been cleaned with a wire wheel. Would like to find a tough hard wearing coating that looks like a natural metal finish. It would be nice to get stuff replated but the expense on doing small amounts would not be worthwhile.

Rpm...Rust Preventative Magic made by D Walden.
no painting just warm the part and brush on...dries clear!

Last edited:
-
Back