CODE HELP

-

zigs

Reaction score
I was given a tranny said it was from a motorhome mid 80's . I had my doubts because it had a tail shaft . I know some do . Anyway I had it serviced and put it in my Dart. Its been in a couple years but the NSS has never fully functioned. Either locks out fine and no backup lights or no lock out and no lights .this is the third NSS I've put in it. I've done all the test even reworked switch wires . Jumper to backup lights all good , 12V to outer pin etc.
The last thing to check is tranny date. I come up with production date of 67/68 ?
If this is the case shouldn't the tranny be a one wire and the rooster comb all wrong for three prong. Can someone please verify the date. PK2801543 (2292).
Thanks Zigs

Heres a comparison pic of rooster combs and switches from the net.

6937436-NSswitches.jpg

NSS2.jpg

NSSswitch.jpg

Thanks for the help. I have never seen the
combs so can't tell ya. Just going by # on
transmission. Dosen't seem to affect shifting at all. I have lock out as I should just no reverse lights. Earlier this week I pulled the console to make sure I had the reverse switch.I did and is in good condition.I rerouted power and reverse wire back through it and it works great. I have aftermarket wiring that's why I bypassed switch in the first place. So alls good
thank you for the replies.

-
Back