code S81 steering wheel

-

BigRichieO

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I'm dying to have this style steering wheel on my Dart. Anyone know if this one is going to cause problems for me. Just looking at the pictures the dish looks a little too deep. I think the dish on my stock wheel is 4", that is measuring from the lowest part of the plastic to the middle of the ring. If I could pick this one up for less than $40 bucks and get rid of the black rubber and convert it to a wood wheel I'm thinking it would be a go.

Let me what you all think, only a few hours left on this auction though.

GTX STEERING WHEEL

This is what I got on my 67 cuda, came off a 69 fs car. I love the looks. seems to be the same condition as mine. I just smoothed the pits, and airbrushed it a bright silver. looks sooooo, much better than my stock wheel. and the center cap cleaned up to look in perfect condition.I used putty epoxy to fill the gaps, dia.. of hand grips are so small it cramped my hands after a while, so I wrapped it in 5/8 heater hose, then wrapped that in a black steering wheel cover, un noticable. very cool wheel and I yet to see another in cruseins. I`d go for it!!!!

that wheel was an option on your 69 .

do you know that B/E + A is now offering a repop of that wheel ? it's under $300 I think ... the bad is it's made in china

I'm dying to have this style steering wheel on my Dart. Anyone know if this one is going to cause problems for me. Just looking at the pictures the dish looks a little too deep. I think the dish on my stock wheel is 4", that is measuring from the lowest part of the plastic to the middle of the ring. If I could pick this one up for less than $40 bucks and get rid of the black rubber and convert it to a wood wheel I'm thinking it would be a go.

Let me what you all think, only a few hours left on this auction though.

GTX STEERING WHEEL

You'll need a horn pad, horn switch, and horn pad adapter/bezel.

69 Swinger were optional with that steering wheel.

You can buy them new repro for $500 at www.beaparts.com

do you know that B/E + A is now offering a repop of that wheel ? it's under $300 I think ... the bad is it's made in china
It was`nt my car, I bought a 67 fastback for its driveline,340x,4spd,8-3/4. The guy said it come out of a 69 form.s, and evidently he swapped all these parts to the 67 auto car. I could`nt tell you if was an option, but probably was, cause there`s a barracuda fish in the center of the horn button. He wrecked the 69.

I thought that is was and I confirmed it after looking on the Hamtramck web site, that is how I got the code number for it. What do you think all the extras to make it work are going to be, and do you think that the wheel in it's condition is worth what the guy is asking?

I hope 8***d is happy with his/her $129.50 steering wheel. I wasn't willing to go that high with the condition that it is in. I guess I'll start saving my nickels and dimes and get one of the reproduction units.

$129 FROG SKINS!!

Thanks for the link for the wheel Autoxcuda!

I hope 8***d is happy with his/her $129.50 steering wheel. I wasn't willing to go that high with the condition that it is in. I guess I'll start saving my nickels and dimes and get one of the reproduction units.

$129 FROG SKINS!!

Thanks for the link for the wheel Autoxcuda!

that wheel wasn't worth that , 75 tops , it's probably going to take 400/500 to restore it and you still need all the other parts .

My bad , the BEA wheel is 425 , then you still need the other parts .

I have an NOS 70 woodgrain wheel that I'm afraid to use , and the one in my bee needs the crack fixed .

-
Back