COE trucks

-
This is a tear jerker for me. I had a '46 Dodge COE that I was grafting on to a Dodge RV chassis in order to make a car hauler but sold the project off years ago when things were getting tight. A friend/acquaintance of mine bought it and hasn't done anything with it for almost 8 years so if things get to a point where I can take it on again, I may approach him to buy it back. I may have some pics somewhere of it in different stages.

This is a tear jerker for me. I had a '46 Dodge COE that I was grafting on to a Dodge RV chassis in order to make a car hauler but sold the project off years ago when things were getting tight. A friend/acquaintance of mine bought it and hasn't done anything with it for almost 8 years so if things get to a point where I can take it on again, I may approach him to buy it back. I may have some pics somewhere of it in different stages.

Would be great if you could share a pic of the truck.

I have seen several COE made into car haulers

I know where a 1948 GMC COE is and has been sitting for years. I told the owner if he ever decides to sell to let me know

Have only seen one Dodge COE

The coolest was at Mecum auction last year a 1942 that was made into car hauler with aluminum roll back bed, 7.3 Diesel on custom frame.......... they called it The PUG

I bought a 49 chev coe back in 80. very solid, I guess the cabs set so high they would`nt rust as bad. Paid $500, sold for same, older gentelman wanted to make a classic car hauler out of it. I know a fellow nearby, that took one same year, and spliced another cab and made a crewcab with modern driveline. pretty cool 8)

I always liked COE's This post sparked my interest and I found some Mopars on the web. They're cool!

2117503479_95d86e1081.jpg

2819059941_86fdda9fd9.jpg

4436218531_a3ebc48da4.jpg

yeah, i've always liked them.
The pics are of an old White model that i've loved since being a kid, but the one i really really like best is the late 60's dodge L700.....so cool !

white3000a.jpg

mdd6.jpg

Pawnee02Dodge.jpg

SANY0311.jpg

Thanks for the great pics guys.
This is the only COE truck I`ve ever seen in Sweden, except for the Dodge
A100 which I guess also could be called a COE right?

bp1.jpg

hey, I drove one of those Whites back in the 70s. I still drive a semi and my travels take me only around the midwest now but on one of my routes I spotted a late 60s Dodge cabover tractor just sitting in a lot off of the highway. Most likely too much for me to handle but I had a thought about getting it and a trailer big enough to haul a couple of cars to show.
Chas.

I'll probably never have one, even though it could make the top 5 on my list. Just no space big enough to keep or work on one. I'd HAVE to have one that is a car hauler.

COE trucks make an outstanding carhauler. Here's one spotted at the Great Labor Day Cruise at the Orange County (SoCal) Fairgrounds in 2007.

P9010168_edited (Small).JPG

P9010166_edited (Small).JPG

i guess, technically, the white and L600/700 dodges pictured above would be classified as tilt-cabs not COE, but they're still bitchin.

Thanks guys, keep the pics coming, 8)
Love that green Dodge in the last pic of Toolman.
And pic of the red truck that OC posted. =P~

I like COEs as well, I have 3 Fords that I'm going to put together to make a crew-cab and put on a step-van chassis I have. The step van is a 1960 Ford with a 363 c.i.d. English Ford Diesel in it. It got 14 1/2 mpg no matter how much I hauled in it and on the trailer... first 2 pics are mine.. 3rd pic is kind of what I want to do, I think.

Small_COEs in place (1).jpg

Small_Coe cab in barn.jpg

crew cab coe.jpg

finished black 48ford COE.jpg

1941dodge coe.jpg

1940 Ford COE dumptruck.jpg

40 ford COE Semi tractor.jpg

41 ford COE hauler.jpg

41 Ford COE car hauler.jpg

1946_COE_DavidCaldwell.jpg

I like COEs as well, I have 3 Fords that I'm going to put together to make a crew-cab and put on a step-van chassis I have. The step van is a 1960 Ford with a 363 c.i.d. English Ford Diesel in it. It got 14 1/2 mpg no matter how much I hauled in it and on the trailer... first 2 pics are mine.. 3rd pic is kind of what I want to do, I think.

Would be cool with a crew cab, don´t forget to share some pics when progress is made. :thumbup:

an ultra rare twin engined ford. would be fun to hear twin flatheads pulling a load at full grunt.

low and behold, found today on CL
http://wyoming.craigslist.org/cto/1665067334.html

and a cool tribute that i found to the legendary Cannonball with music score from the original tv series of the same name. you can't talk coe's without special mention to the cannonball.
...yes, i'm old enough to remember the show !

http://www.youtube.com/v/msVSOSVvjJY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1
i remember that show as a kid,wish they had reruns

-
Back