Coil over on stock lowers

-
Gotta go the with the Dillinger kit. Upper mounti g point wasn't designed to carry the weight.

Gotta go the with the Dillinger kit. Upper mounti g point wasn't designed to carry the weight.

Well here's the scoop. I bought his J-bars to support the upper shock mount tower with intentions of buying his control arms when I got my bonus check in June. I wanted to weld them in before hand so I could repaint the engine bay.He has taken a leave of absence starting in may. So now i'm **** outta luck.

Well here's the scoop. I bought his J-bars to support the upper shock mount tower with intentions of buying his control arms when I got my bonus check in June. I wanted to weld them in before hand so I could repaint the engine bay.He has taken a leave of absence starting in may. So now i'm **** outta luck.

Leave? when is he suppose to be back?

i had coil overs on a 66 Abody 340X block heavy,with a 671 blower,2 carbs the weight on the front axel was over 1900 lbs my coil overs were mounted just like the factory shocks,,,,,I had home made braceing made from rebar stoick,,,2 bars on each side of the car welded at the upper mount comming down on an angel,to the frame rail,,,never had an issue,had 10000 miles on that set up the key is braceing the upper shock mount to the frame rail but the biggest factor is a solid car no rusty week frame rails,,,on the A cars that is the weekest area ,,,check the top the flat area for rust,rot,or weekness if u have any of those replace the front rails,or rebuild them or coil overs will make a mess of things

I don't know but I think if the stock lower arms were reinforced they would be fine. I haven't seen a aftermarket lower arm that looked any stronger or better.

The lower arms will take more beating than most would ever believe. My race Dart has 1500 lbs on the front, and has been on the bumper more than once, and most passes will pull the front three feet in the air , hitting fairly hard on every pass. Never an issue.

Attachments

• Dart pics + others 098.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 169
-
Back