cold air coming through under dash

-

uk-barracuda

Reaction score
anyone tell me on the Left hand side, please note my car is RHD. there is a big black box under dash with a little door, when the heating is on warm and your traveling down the motorway cold air comes through. anyone tell me whats up with it. cheers

anyone tell me on the Left hand side, please note my car is RHD. there is a big black box under dash with a little door, when the heating is on warm and your traveling down the motorway cold air comes through. anyone tell me whats up with it. cheers
Thats you fresh-air box,should be 1 on both sides.Close the doors!LOL

i have the same problem even closing the door dont get rid of it i was just looking at some stuff ima use its universal weather striping there flat sticky and rectangular ima put 4 peoces around the houseing and see if that gets rid of the draft.you can get it at kragens.

i have the same problem even closing the door dont get rid of it i was just looking at some stuff ima use its universal weather striping there flat sticky and rectangular ima put 4 peoces around the houseing and see if that gets rid of the draft.you can get it at kragens.
Maybe the round seal at the top of the box is worn(no seal)?Just a thought.:toothy10:

Assuming you have a non-AC car. Though the layout may be different on your RH drive car, your heater box should work the same way. Make sure the 3 cables are connected to the box and operating the internal doors/flaps correctly.

Also, even if the flaps are opening and closing, the foam on the metal flaps may be rotted allowing air to leak past them.

HeaterBoxIllus.jpg

flapperfoamimg.jpg

driverairboximg.jpg

dosnt blow cold out on drivers side, only on passenger side, the door is shut and is still blowing cold air out, i dont sit there anyway so im not bothered about it. just annoying as i wonderd what it was but i know now so ill leave it.

cheers

-
Back