Cold Hard Facts - Cold Case Radiator MOP755A

-

billsdartgt

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have spent quite a bit of time looking at radiators for my 69 Dart, the Cold Case had some pretty decent reviews but I was never able to find dimensions, well bought one anyway. I have had several Champion radiators, Summit, and a few other aluminum and good success with all but thought this would be worth trying. Overall the radiator is OK, I wasn't WOWED with its appearance but all the welds are good and it seems pretty sturdy. Below are the measurements of the mounting as well as the mounting for the shroud. The shroud I bought will not fit, going to go back and see what I bought since I got that a few months back. I will update later for the shroud and it will probably be August before I get to test how well it cools when I head to Hot August Nights in Reno, just won't get to warm here in the soggy Pacific Northwest. On top of the box in LARGE letters it states to verify hood clearance before closing hood, I checked and have plenty of room between my hand and the hood so no issue there.

IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG

Hope it works good for you. What engine are you running? I have one showing up Tuesday so I hope it works well.

Do you plan to paint it?

I've got a 360, the radiator that came in the car seemed fine, it didn't have a transmission cooler so I decided on a change, most likely won't paint, at least not now, I am sick of cleaning and painting parts. Cruising around in downtown Reno in the HAN cruise in will be a good test how it handles the cooling.

I tried to buy one in October and they were out of stock. The guy said he would leave a message for himself and call me as soon as they were back in stock to order mine and I never heard back from him. Moved onto other projects without a new radiator for now.

Hopefully it does its job I've read lots of good things on them.

a few more updates, I bought a V8 style 67-69 repop shroud several months ago out of ignorance, while it somewhat fits the old radiator that was in the car it won't fit the new Cold Case radiator without some modification, even if you trim it, it still stands off of the face of the radiator and to me it looks like crap. I ordered a 70-72 shroud but it wont be here for a few weeks to test fit. I believe it will fit better but thinking it will also stick out away from the face to much. I have talked to a guy and will be looking to get a custom shroud built if I can afford it. I had messaged CCJ and he was advised by one of their techs that both the 67-69 and 70-72 shrouds would fit with just drilling holes in the flange but to also call their tech for more info. Since this is new to me I do not know if either of the factory original shrouds would actually fit. this is sort of sucky if you need to get all new stuff, not sure what else is out there to try. I also tried the old shroud that was on the car, per the number it was a \6 shroud, it has already been cut/modified but still set off the face of the radiator, you can see the part number in the picts.. Hope this info helps some others when shopping, couldn't find these things out when I was searching the net. One other thing I ran into was one of the holes for the trans coolers threads were a little buggered up, fairly simple since I had the tap already. I didn't have plans on painting but starting to think I just might.

IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

-
Back