Cold Weather RV Trailer Living Prep Tips

-
Since you have water and electric lines in the same trench I recommend putting a yellow or red ribbon on the electric line. Or a few inches above it.
That's just me tho.

Since you have water and electric lines in the same trench I recommend putting a yellow or red ribbon on the electric line. Or a few inches above it.
That's just me tho.

I'll do that, I am also going to mark the water "T" connection with an upright as it will need to be dug up later when a connection is made for the house supply.

I'll do that, I am also going to mark the water "T" connection with an upright as it will need to be dug up later when a connection is made for the house supply.
Insulate the trenches to keep them from freezing. Go well past the edges with whatever insulation you decide to use so the ground heat can keep the area warm enough to avoid a freeze.

Are you going to draw water from the pedestal? That is one area that will freeze if it gets cold enough and like said trailer needs skirts.

Are you going to draw water from the pedestal? That is one area that will freeze if it gets cold enough and like said trailer needs skirts.

No, the water will come out of this pressure tank. My plan is to get a blanket for it and also to insulate the pump house walls, fiberglass, moisture barrier, drywall I think. Trailer will get "skirted". Lots of work to do, fortunately have a couple of months.

IMG_4504 (1).jpg

It might not be a bad idea to put a space heater of some sort in the shed with the tank. If those 90's in the pex water lines are plastic, they won't live long when it gets real cold. You could just box in the tank and lines, and insulate that....and a small electric heater would easily keep that small space warm.

-
Back