Collector car insurance

-

MoparDave

Reaction score
After filling out the app online and submitting info and pics, got a call back from Hagerty today and was told they wouldn't cover the car because it has nitrous. Any suggestions on other companies?
Like the idea of agreed coverage and decent rate due to probably will only drive it couple hundred miles a year. Will call Grundy next, but may be same?

After filling out the app online and submitting info and pics, got a call back from Hagerty today and was told they wouldn't cover the car because it has nitrous. Any suggestions on other companies?
Like the idea of agreed coverage and decent rate due to probably will only drive it couple hundred miles a year. Will call Grundy next, but may be same?
You don't have to tell them everything...

Go with American National (Anpac Chrome) There are a dozen or more American National Insurance offices in the Minneapolis metro area. I group my collector car insurance with my house insurance and with the refunds my old car insurance is pretty much free.

Go with American National (Anpac Chrome) There are a dozen or more American National Insurance offices in the Minneapolis metro area. I group my collector car insurance with my house insurance and with the refunds my old car insurance is pretty much free.

Thank for the recommendation I'll check it out. Although just got grundy quote and it is about a third of the Hagerty quote, will have to call and make sure

I looked at all of them, Hagerty had the best price, but was the same as other companies that do not allow daily driving, and limits on miles. I got insurance, full coverage on the car from USAA. There is no Agreed value, they will use Vintage car guides to value your car as stock. If you have all your receipts, you can present them to increase the value of the car.
Absolutely full coverage for $600 yr, no restrictions or special rules

$600 a year sounds steep unless it worth a 100k. I have had JC Taylor out of PA. for 30 years and their rates have been the best. Other than a couple windshields replaced, never had a claim, so can't speak to that part, but a couple side view pictures and that's it.

I looked at all of them, Hagerty had the best price, but was the same as other companies that do not allow daily driving, and limits on miles. I got insurance, full coverage on the car from USAA. There is no Agreed value, they will use Vintage car guides to value your car as stock. If you have all your receipts, you can present them to increase the value of the car.
Absolutely full coverage for $600 yr, no restrictions or special rules
You have to be a veteran for that, right?

You have to be a veteran for that, right?
Family members count too, so being closely related to a veteran or active duty service person may do it for you.
It's funny, USAA has all my other insurance, but to get an umbrella liability policy, I had to use American Collector's Insurance. They were very close to the same price as Hagerty.

Family members count too, so being closely related to a veteran or active duty service person may do it for you.
It's funny, USAA has all my other insurance, but to get an umbrella liability policy, I had to use American Collector's Insurance. They were very close to the same price as Hagerty.

My understanding was that USAA does not insure classics but has a partnership with American Collectors. No USAA member discount and the vehicle does not count toward a multi- car discount.

Do they require a garage?

My understanding was that USAA does not insure classics but has a partnership with American Collectors. No USAA member discount and the vehicle does not count toward a multi- car discount.
That's an accurate account by my experience. I was free to use any collector car insurance I wanted until I got the liability umbrella policy. If I exceed the liability limits of the collector car insurance, the umbrella policy kicks in. For them to agree to write the policy I had to switch my Barracuda coverage to American Collector's.

As for Grundy I have had them for the last 18 years and every year it goes up. I started in 2004 at $137/ year and now it is up to $291/year and every year they increase my premium along with the total loss value of my car which in a good way is good but the replacement value they have me at is actually 2x higher than the actual value of my 71 Duster that I would take if I were to sell it so for the same coverage and my agreed upon value I saved over $160/year by going with American Collectors Insurance...

-
Back