Collector fange to H Pipe

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've looked about the threads but can't seem to find an answer on this one. Maybe one of you's that have installed SB TTI's can assist.

For the last four years I've been running with the (Cheapy) headers, about 300.00 set and I can't remember who made them. I'm highly considering the TTI step. My question...Does anyone know if I will have to re-cut, bend or weld my exhaust system that meets with the new TTI headers at the collector. I think I a bit of play from front to read, but due to my H pipe, I would be toast if not on the same plane. As will...I took a close look at the TTI picture (posted) and it seem that their collector end to the flange drops down about 35 degress. My headers (posted) show everything straight from the collector out. 0 degree drop.

Thanks,
Would sure like anything back on this topic.

TTI-340A-RS47.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

I seriously doubt that they will line up. Some level of cutting, welding an fitting will be necessary when changing header brands.

i dont think they will line up, but if you are good at welding and can get som pieces of exhaust pipe maybee with a few smallbends you can cut and weld some to make them fit togheter;)
the TTI colectors dont point down as much as it looks maybe a few degress but the point more in against the cutouts in your transmission crossmember made for exhaust clearence than most headers do;)

dgc333 said:
I seriously doubt that they will line up. Some level of cutting, welding an fitting will be necessary when changing header brands.

Thanks Dave, I Kinda 95% figured. (I might be old, but my eyes along with common dog phyisics were telling me this). :sad2:

duster340 said:
i dont think they will line up, but if you are good at welding and can get som pieces of exhaust pipe maybee with a few smallbends you can cut and weld some to make them fit togheter;)
the TTI colectors dont point down as much as it looks maybe a few degress but the point more in against the cutouts in your transmission crossmember made for exhaust clearence than most headers do;)

Thanks duster340, got a new meg...never welded :wack:

Get on that MIG and start practicing. They are easy to learn, but they can be very frustrating to use until you figure out the temp setting, wire speed especially, and just generally what to expect under different welding circumstances. Practice, practice, practice. Ho Hum! :)

OldVart said:
Get on that MIG and start practicing. They are easy to learn, but they can be very frustrating to use until you figure out the temp setting, wire speed especially, and just generally what to expect under different welding circumstances. Practice, practice, practice. Ho Hum! :)

I'll get right on it Sid :salut: (after a beer) :drinkers:

yeah buy lotsa grinding wheels and sanding discs. Iwelded my exhaust up this weekend and also got a little better at welding, and no I dont think they'll fit either TTI's also come in to the center on a little bit of an angle.

I'm not sure why you're thinking about changing headers. You probably won't find any performance difference between the two. You can probably get yours Jet-Hot coated for around $200 or so. Lots cheaper than tti's.

don

dusterdon said:
I'm not sure why you're thinking about changing headers. You probably won't find any performance difference between the two. You can probably get yours Jet-Hot coated for around $200 or so. Lots cheaper than tti's.

don
Thanks Don :thumblef:

-
Back