Color Change White vinyl top (paint ?)

-

sjatm941

Reaction score
So i'm far from a new vinyl top and paint for the dart sport . So i'm thinking since the car is brown and the vinyl top is white , improve the looks by changing the white top to black. anyone ever paint a white vinyl top ? or some other way to change the white vinyl to black with out looking like crap ?

I've done it many times. I use Dupont vinyl paint. It can be mixed in low, medium, or high gloss. It is mixed with a vinyl resin instead of balancer/binder, and the type of resin determines the amount of gloss. The next time I do one I am going to have it mixed with 50/50 high gloss and medium glass. The high gloss looks a bit too glossy and the medium is not quite glossy enough in my opinion.
The most important thing, no matter what brand you use, is the surface preparation. The top must be clean with no traces of dirt or vinyl protectant. I use a soft bristle brush and 'white wall cleaner' and really scrub it. Then rinse with clean water and let air dry overnight.
I'll post a pic of one I did. This car had been done once but not to my standard so I redyed it. The original color of the top was tan.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5095.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 158
-
Back