Color ideas for the wagon

-

timbolia

65Wagon
Reaction score
The wagon has been running reliably for a few months now (knock on wood) I think it is time to start thinking about the cosmetics. It is white now with a blue interior, mostly blue any way, it has Red buckets out of a 65 Valiant convertible that were to good a deal to pass up. Also the inside rear upper door frames are red. The wheels are light blue (same as interior) steelies with Dart Dog dish covers (well 2 so far) I really do not like white, the wife's minivan is white. I am not worried about correct restoration, it already has a Hurst 4 speed and buckets for crying out loud. I do like the hi impact colors though. I always wanted a Top Bannana colored car since my best friend in high school had a 73 Ralleye 340 Challenger back in the early 80s. I also like SubLime and Hemi Orange a lot. I think a wagon could look really cool in one of those colors, maybe even some flat black stipes of some sort on there too. The problem is the interior. I don't think any of these colors will go with either blue or red interior. What will work? If I have to go blue I like the darker options like Dark Blue Poly or Dark Turquoise poly, or maybe B5 Blue. No matter what I will need to change some of the interior so it will all match (unless I go with a bicentennial/Eveil Kenivel theme) So I might have to make it all black to give me more options. What do you guys think? Also I kind of like the idea of 2 tone, then I might keep some white on the car.

SeatsD.jpg

DartNight.jpg

My 65 wagon is white with blue interior and am going to leave it that color combo. There will be a few upgrades - buckets, fold down armrest/buddy seat, early Barracuda back seat, custom dash etc.

Some one on here has a beautiful early Dart convertible in orange with black steelies, I can't seem to find pics. Here is a B wagon in High impact yellow. Looks good to me. Yellow looks good with a white interior, and I have kids, so I don't know about that.

B-Wagon.jpg

I think the color on the Challenger next to that cool wagon would look good

If you don't run a/c and liv in a hot weathered State I like an off White car's myself.:happy10:
Glad to hear the wagon is doing good for ya Tim :cheers:

Does that look like b5 on the Challenger? I like that or maybe even darker. But that way I can keep the interior blue. Just change the seat covers or dye them.

Are red and blue our only interior options? Because that does rather limit the choices..

If we're talking blank slate, I'll start with my stock answer: F8 green, white roof, butterscotch interior.

Or if you don't like green :)angry7:), same interior color, with a dark metallic red paintjob.

If your keeping the interior as it is now, maybe a satin blue with a red stripe and red wheels?

Other than that the only other thing i could think of is some kind of american flag paintjob, i mean youve allready got red white and blue XD.

Dark blue metallic, white roof, lose the red. Two tone interior blue and white. Thinkin 'nautical.'

If your keeping the interior as it is now, maybe a satin blue with a red stripe and red wheels?

Other than that the only other thing i could think of is some kind of american flag paintjob, i mean youve allready got red white and blue XD.

I thought of that when I first put in the seats. Even to the point of working it up in PhotoShop. But I am not so sure....

DartScramblerWagon.jpg

Are red and blue our only interior options? Because that does rather limit the choices..

If we're talking blank slate, I'll start with my stock answer: F8 green, white roof, butterscotch interior.

Or if you don't like green :)angry7:), same interior color, with a dark metallic red paintjob.

Not sure about that Butterscotch interior. And as far as green goes I prefer J5. Like I said I like the high impact colors. It seems like every car on the road is either white, silver or black. Here is a pick I found of a yellow one. Cant see the interior color for sure though.

2Waldo.jpg

Yeah that was kind of the idea, not sure it was a good idea either. I do like the Scramblers though, and I almost got a 69 Rebel Machine as my first car, but ended up with a 68 Fury Wagon instead. That was in 85, and I still am a sucker for a nice wagon. (or not so nice in the current case)

Looks like an AMC Rambler.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it.. he'd probably have knowitalls coming up to him all the time telling him "You know they never made an SC/Rambler wagon- and the stripes are wrong" et cetera, without ever noticing it was a Dart. :angry7:

I can't go along with the high impact color idea (sorry, just don't like them), so I'll pitch my backup color scheme: Rootbeer brown (Am I thinking of Dark Bronze Metallic, maybe?), black top and guts.

Dark blue metallic, white roof, lose the red. Two tone interior blue and white. Thinkin 'nautical.'

Yeah I am leaning towards "Losing the Red" it seems like red interior only works with Black, White or Red paint.

Is this sort of what you were thinking?

DartNavy2tone.jpg

I do like the 2 tone, maybe orange/white sort of a Dreamsicle look. That would look best with white interior though, and I have kids.

DartDreamsicle.jpg

This is closer too what had originally been talking about, but I think it means a black interior.

DartLimeRaleye.jpg

-
Back