Color Opinions

-

Cudapete

Reaction score
So I bought my GTS dart a year and a half ago or so, It's originally red with a black vinyl top and stripe delete.The top was removed when I got it. For a while before the resto I rattle can painted on a white stripe.I'm not a big fan of red and theres alot of red darts(cars in general) out there,so I decided to go B-5 blue. Now the cars been done for a summer and at nats and in some pics I 've seen a couple 68 and 69's red with black top and white stripe and I'm kinda liking it so I'm thinking now that maybe I made a mistake changing it. My wife and I are expecting our first child in oct. so a redo is out for a while. I figured I'd get some opinions to ponder while I've got some time to think it over really well. here are some pics of what it was ,what it is, and what it could be. Other ideas are welcomed too!

68 dart resized 2.jpg

68 dart gts d-side view.jpg

color combo  color for gts.jpg

I personally like B5, and yours looks good! If you want something different, think of a white vinyl top on it.

My advice?

DON'T CHANGE A THING.

Your Dart is beautiful as-is.
:cheers:

I am a fan of lemon twist Yellow y5 all over and a black stripe with your black int.

I actually had a yellow gts a long time ago but whats not to love about lemon twist on any mopar! demon a white top is an interesting idea. Thanks fast back its nice to hear things like that after doing it myself at home.

Hmmm... well you asked.
I don't like B5 blue. I had a nice B3 blue Swinger 340 that had B5 upper door. I stretched it to nearly B7 when I finished it. I actually like red on '69 Darts. Particularly stripe delete. It has alot to do with the large chrome front bumper. That much chrome can make normally good looking colors look bad and some odd colors look good. I had an original F8 Swinger 340 that was resprayed Vitamin C... it was F'UGLY... the only thing I could imagine worse looking would be bright yellow. I went back to F8. On the other hand a color that I normally don't like a whole lot is a pale yellow, and that looks good to me on '69 Darts. Now my Demon looks good in original GY3 Citron Yella, and it would look good Vitamin C, but I'm not sure I would like it in Red. Go figure.....

I'm the same way all over the place with what looks good on what car. I thought I'd love the b-5 on the 68 cause it is one of my favorite colors but now that its done I dont know, I also think my trouble with it is I should've stuck with a white stripe and maybe put the vinyl back on. But like I said the red is growing on me.

So still been thinking about changing the color in the spring, plus I feel I can do a better job this time, But I'm really hung up on the color, Some of the ideas now are as follows;
1 R-6 or the original pp1 Red with black top and white stripe like before
2.red with no top and a silver stripe
3 Q-5 teal with white top and white stripe(had a 69 like this liked it)
4 B5 white stripe no top
5 B5 white stripe black top (white top?)
A friend who paints cars thinks factory colors are boring and I should go with something from house of kolors or a modern car color. need some more opinions. Cause im gonna pick a couple combos and look at them all winter which ever one I still like by spring will be it. Thanks Pete

-
Back