colorado air

-

slowdown

Reaction score
I went to the mopar nationals and they ran the challenger hellcat down the 1/4 mile, it ran in the 12s in Colorado but in other places they say it runs 10s. I know driver, conditions ,set up, traction and all that play a part. But this cars has something like 707 hp, and ran 12s. What kind of hp do u need to run 13s in Colorado? just hp assuming the car will already hook up.

Colorado certainly dogs a car down. I lived there and still visit there. It don't matter if its 150 hp or 707 hp. They all feel the crunch. I would think a 12 flat would be acceptable for the Hellcat. 12.80's would not. The Hellcat ran 10.5's with slicks, and 11.20's from the show room. This would be about 12.20's from the showroom at 5000 ft. Your question is how much horsepower does it take to run 13's in Colo? The same as it does in Florida. You see, the Hellcat isn't pumping 707 hp in Denver. If it were, the times would be the same as anyplace else. Also, you must consider the weight of the vehicle. 275 TRUE hp (at your altitude) in a 3000 lb Duster with 3.55 gears should get you 13's.

what pushes my button. is the two fuel classes. 16 cars in each class. takes a total of 30 passes. what did we get ONLY 10 passes where BOTH cars was at full power. a total of 20 passes with 1 or 2 cars fail to race. if even 1 car spins tires or blows the blower up, you DIDNT have a race. you had a FAIL to race. time for sealed engines.

-
Back