Colorado members report

-
15,500 acres burned here in el paso county = 24 square miles. they said today, hundreds of homes have been burned, but no exact number, so that could be less, hopefully. weather was good yesterday, and is supposed to be favorable today. alls well where im at.

My niece and here 3 week newborn should be showing up here after a 1.000 mile drive from Colorado Springs, no new news yet on there trip to Arkansas yet :-k
I found this story ...and picture

Smoke from the Waldo Canyon fire hovers over the U.S. Air Force Academy west of Colorado Springs in Colorado June 26, 2012. A monster Colorado wildfire raging near some of the most visited tourist areas in the state took a turn for the worse on Tuesday as hot winds pushed flames north, prompting the evacuation of 7,000 more people, officials said

Attachments

• 26-2012-a-monster-colorado-wildfire-raging-near-some-of-the-most-visited-tourist-areas-in-the-st.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 127
Last report is they expect favorable weather conditions for the next two days. Our fire department had deployed 1 class I engine w/ crew of 4. They were returned last night. (a good sign I hope) We have a class I & class 6 engine crews deployed to the Flagstaff fire. (Boulder Co.) That represents about more than 1/8th of our total resources. I have never seen conditions like this in my 31yr. career!

Seen a sat photo on the news,...incredible. Anyone got one???

My wife's coworker found out her grandad lost his house in the hills, no insurance,...so sad,...

About half of our state forestry firefighters are out there,...godspeed

-
Back