column shift linkage again

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this piece is correct for a bodies with a 904. It seems much longer then it should be. This is the one that goes from the bell cranks to the transmission.
It 14" over all

IM000255.jpg

IM000255.jpg

IM000255.jpg

Adam the one I took off mine is only 7 1/2 inches but is shaped like that one.
That one is possibly a floor shift link , hope this helps.

Cute kids I always like photos with the kids in them. Mine are grown and i miss the little ones.

Adam, not 100% sure but that block on it looks like a shifter adjusting lock block. Here's a pic of two different lower bell too kickdown. I think 14" is away too long. Anything around that length is mostly bellcrank to bellcrank.

DSCF0021.JPG

Cute kids I always like photos with the kids in them. Mine are grown and i miss the little ones.

Thanks, Thats Jacob and Mya. Jake loves to sit in the car and wanted to take his little sister for a ride.

i have not really looked at one up close and out of a car before, but could that 14 inch rod be from a kick down linkage?

I dont think its a kick down rod. Most likely a B or C body piece. Ive been piecing this linkage together.

Adam, not 100% sure but that block on it looks like a shifter adjusting lock block. Here's a pic of two different lower bell too kickdown. I think 14" is away too long. Anything around that length is mostly bellcrank to bellcrank.

Yes the block is to adjust the linkage. maybe I can cut this one down.

Thanks, Thats Jacob and Mya. Jake loves to sit in the car and wanted to take his little sister for a ride.

I dont think its a kick down rod. Most likely a B or C body piece. Ive been piecing this linkage together.

Yes the block is to adjust the linkage. maybe I can cut this one down.

Yah, that block is to adjust your floor shifter to trans lever. The kickdown linkages themselfs don't use the block.
I've modified a few kickdowns to fit correctly. I even went as far as cutting a kickdown in half and welding a bolt in the centre of both ends to get the length I needed. If it's the floor shifter lever you need, it should have a cut away "D" on the length of the rod itself to lock into the block.

PS. On a different note...(heads-up on this one). There are also different lengths of the shift lever that go's onto the trans itself (the one with the "D" and tightening nuts in it. I had two levers and put a short one on for "more" clearance with the TTIs however, because of the longer length; the throw ratio wouldn't let me get my floor shifter into either "P" or "1st". When I adjusted for P I would get no 1st, then adjusted for 1st and no P. I was under the car for about two hours until I figured it out...(Nasty MOPs).
I'm very sure you will get it..A matter of fact, I thought you were done a few weeks ago?

-
Back