Status
Not open for further replies.

CudaMan

Old Car Lover
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
One and all who are interested. I am in the throws of ordering and installing a new interior in my 69 Barracuda Fastback. While this Cuda will not be "factory perfect" it still is a fairly rare car by production standards. The car originally had a 3 speed on the column but not has a 4 on the floor with console and still retains the original 318 2 bbl engine. According to Galen Govier's books the production numbers for a 69 Fastback, 318 V-8, 3 speed (not delineated as 3 on the tree or 3 on the floor) was 201 units produced.
Original color is white (not my choice if I was going to keep it for a time it would be Seafoam Turquoise) and Red interior. The interior color will be Black when I am finished (I personally think it looks a lot better). Also putting a set of Wide Oals on it and having the steelies powder coated.
If anyone feels like taking a drive and perusiing it before I am done and ready to put the for sale sign on it drop me an e-mail and we can make the arrangements. My home is in Woodstock,GA which is Northwest of Atlanta between 75 and 575.

Ron

69 Cuda 1.JPG

69 Cuda 2.JPG

I hear ya! Nice! Kind of one of those cars you don't want to do much to it so it will change the originality but then it's screaming "fix me up to be a street beast!" LOL

Someone might want it for a stock look Mopar.

Existing interior on 13-March-09. Going to head over to Year One on Monday to pick up some of the new interior. This weekend will be spent pulling out the old stuff. Have never used that POR-15 stuff so I am going to have to do a little research on it. Comments on it are welcome if many of you out there have used it. No serious bites so far so the next step will be pulling the engine and transmission out of it, cleaning off the firewall and getting her ready to send to my favorite paint shop in South Georgia and getting a crate of stuff together to ship off to our favorite powder coating member, Leanna the 68 CudaChick. Been debating about colors. White just isn't talking to me on this 69 and I don't know how many guys out there are in the market for a plain white grocery getter if I would leave it White. The original owner told me that the car has never been painted so the paint that is on it is what it rolled out of the factory with and for 40 years old it has held up very well. The paint is still shiny under the gas tank. BUT she does need some surface rust repaired. I have in mind a Q-5 Turquoise Blue with a Black side stripe. How does that Q-5 speak to everyone ?
I am watching costs on this Cuda a lot more than I have on my "B" bodies. Seems pretty easy to get upside down in one of these A bodies. Man this car is sure roomy inside. Park it next to the GTX or Charger and the difference in physical size outside is quite a bit but the interior sure isn't cramped.

Interior - Front - Seats-800x600.jpg

Interior view 1-800x600.jpg

Pass Door Inner-800x600.jpg

Trunk View 1-800x600.jpg

Drivers side-Inner fender well-800x600.jpg

Engine compartment 1-800x600.jpg

You are right about it being easy to get upside down on some A bodys. However, you have a valuable fastback fish there. It's already a stick, so a four speed conversion is as easy as bolting up a trans. If you are building the car for resale, I would think more about painting it Turquoise, while that is a nice color,you might limit your potential buyers. If resale is what you are after...red is the color to go. You already have a red interior, why not go red on red with a white 340 stripe ?

340John: You recommended my second choice of colors, Red. If I do the car in Red I will either do the interior and 340 side stripe in White or Black. I have already picked up a set of Coker Redline radial tires for the Cuda (Jesus talk about take your breath away in the way of cost/tire) and am looking for a good deal on a set of Torque Thrust wheels. So if she doesn't sell in the grocery getter look she came from the factory in then it will be time for a "make over" which as everyone knows will change the price. Be glad when my new rotisserie arrives (an Auto Twirler) as it will make it a lot easier to flip it over and do the under carriage work in lieu of lying on my back while the car is up on jack stands.

While not Q5, mine is L1 which is Turquosie for `68. Maybe this will help you decide. 8)

DSC00001-vi.jpg

More pictures in my signature link.

If you are going to keep it paint it what ever color you like. If you want to sell it paint it red. Red with a 4 spd on the floor will be very appealing to a wide range of buyers. I really like that car.

Fastback 340 thanks for the pic. While my GF, whom I really purchased this Cuda for had one identical to yours back in high school BUT this one doesn't seem to be "talking" to her. So being as I have it now and am not that crazy bout the L-1 or Q-5 color I have decided on a Red exterior and a Black interior. I'll keep all the original 318 engine parts I remove and clean them up/powder coat most of them in case someone wants to put them back on and have a factory original car but I'll play around and juice the engine up a bit. There is a lifter knocking at the moment and I was going to have to fix that anyhow so I might as well add a a few goodies to the setup and pep up the little Cuda a bit. Having a bunch of these old rides around keeps me well supplied with "projects". Jesus I sure prefer working on these old MOPARS in lieu of working on Fords. A couple weeks ago I picked up a BOSS Mustang (I have been trying to locate for 4 years and has been in an old lady's garage since 1970) and it is as tight trying to work on that huge 429 in that Mustang engine bay as it would be doing anything to a 440 or 426 in one of these little "A" bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back