Commando aircleaner(poor mans version)

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked up a aircleaner from member with a canadian valiant( they used same top as commando just not chrome). Decided to strip old black paint & try eastwoods liquid chrome paint on her. Very pleased with results. Definately not chrome but damn close and most reflective i have used & pics are before clearcoat.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• parts 347.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 411
  • parts 349.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 413
  • parts 346.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 408
Picked up a aircleaner from member with a canadian valiant( they used same top as commando just not chrome). Decided to strip old black paint & try eastwoods liquid chrome paint on her. Very pleased with results. Definately not chrome but damn close and most reflective i have used & pics are before clearcoat.

Oldschoolcuda

We use the chrome top up here as well...that one maybe a top from a slant 6, as they used the same top ,except they were black. Also, 62-66 361,383, and 413's used them as well.

See here...http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm

Yes 65Val it is from 66 Canadian valiant with slant 6. Thanks & think the black version was also used on 60 - 62 lancers,valiants & darts with 225 slant.

Oldschoolcuda

Leanna is doing one of those for me in the SuperChrome finish. If it looks anything like the triple SU intake she did for me, I'll be very pleased.

Cool, good to know, I have been thinking of finding a slant six open air cleaner to put on my 273 2 barell, have a mopar performance chrome air cleaner, but just looks to big to me. Have seen commando air cleaner and valve covers at a local swap meet, he wanted like $125 each.

Whats the diameter of that aircleaner? And did the clear make it look nicer? Trying to do some headlight bezels myself.

Thanks & pictures do not do it justice with bad light. Still need to clearcoat and should have mentioned it is not rattle can. You need to mix & use airbrush or trim gun but is a piece of cake to spray. Is a three step process with black, liquid chrome then clear.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back