Comment I heard form these "kids"

-
I parked my Scamp 4 1/2 years ago when I bought my Stealth.
This fall I got the Scamp going again, and couldn't believe the responses I was getting- from kids, adults, everyone. My Stealth gets a little attention, but people were falling all over themselves to get a look at the scamp. I had tables full of people outside McDonalds turning to watch me go by. I couldn't pass a kid without a 'nice car!' or thumbs up.
I'm not sure if there are just so few driven now that kids don't get to see them anymore, or what...this town used to be a mopar-fest on any nice summer evening, but you hardly see them around now.

...the funny thing was how nobody would pull up beside me at a light. Although it wouldn't take much to beat my 318 nobody wanted to risk it lol. They try my other car all the time (and they fail miserably:toothy10:)

It's funny how much attention old Mopars seem to get. I get thumbs up and stories of how there father owned one when they were a child. To some nut in a Ford Ranger trying his best to catch up with me just to frantically wavy at me and my car. That actually felt a little weird so I politely waved back and hit the gas to get some distance between us. To me it's really cool to get thumbs up from the Harley guys riding in a group.

It is interesting, because one time beforeI even did anything to the car I had one guy tell me it was a nice car. It still had the /6 ticking away, and no stripes, and plain steelies on the front of the car.

He goes... "Nice car!" I'm like... It is? I didn't do anything to it yet! (It must have been the 8.5" slots in the back! :)

You would not believe how many teenage kids will walk up to my car whenever I pick my kids up from school or elsewhere and read the barracuda script real slow and say B-A-R-R-A-C-U-D-A out loud while scratching their heads.
Then they go, "cool car, never saw one before."

I will get 1000 pros for every con with my 48. Some young people today are naturely rude when they are alone. I love to meet them in thier cars with the coffee can exhaust and thumping stereos with my rumbling 48 with my 5000 watt thumper playing "Still Unbroken"! They look over in shame and humility. Lets face it the young guys that are able to build real fast ricers have alot more respect for the older hotrods because they can relate, it's all motor in the blood. Those kids will never know that feeling.
The last car show I entered my car in there was a ricer punk and his life partner looking over my car. I couldn't hear all that they were saying. But, I heard one on them saying,"yea, he should have done this". I'm like WTF! So, I go over to his little Civic wagon looking POS to see what I should have done to mine that he did to his. Well first off, he had two NOS bottles that were not even hooked up. I guess I should have done that. He had V-TEC stickers all on the side of the car. I guess I should have done that. He had about 500lbs of stereo equipment in the back. I did do that but total weight is about 30lbs. The only thing done to the engine was header. Oh, and all of the god awful red vacuum hoses. He has no room to say anything about anyone's car.

A funny thing that I've seen while driving through Atlanta was a Ford Cougar a early 2000 model I believe. Anyway, this dummy had a large V-TEC body sticker on the side of his car. I laughed my a$$ off. I tried to get back up him to snap a picture but he turned off before I could.

I have to admit something here... I did have a Nissan at one point that I stuck a good chunk of change into. It never performed the way I wanted too, but it looked cool. Then one day this guy tells me... "Why don't you just buy a '87 Trans Am for $3000.00, it would have saved you a lot of cash and would have been a lot faster".
So it took me a couple seconds to realize he was right... So, I sold the car. :)

You would not believe how many teenage kids will walk up to my car whenever I pick my kids up from school or elsewhere and read the barracuda script real slow and say B-A-R-R-A-C-U-D-A out loud while scratching their heads.
Then they go, "cool car, never saw one before."

Will you come pick me up from school? haha 8)

There is a lot of truth to the whole thing where kids spend all this money on ricers when all they have to do is find a beat up Trans Am that would kick the ricers ***. I don't think that they think that way though.

Hell... find a late 90's LT1 Caprice
Or a 80's Diplomat! :)

Had a 88 trans am; Gave it to my son. The 70 Duster 340 would kick it's ***.
As far as our mopars- we drive antiques, that kick *** in factory form.

It just makes me wonder if some of these "Kids" look at our cars like we did when we saw old "antique" cars when we were kids. You know back then we'd see an old Model T and it just looked like an old piece of junk to us. Or at least that's the way I was. I got into old 60's 70's cars and that was all that was cool to me. Still is, however I've at least learned to at least appreciate those older cars as well.
You are probably more on target here than anything else. A lot of it has to do with not being exposed to them. Just think, we are now starting to sound like our parents. I am sure they thought the same thing when everybody had to throw a thrush or a cherry bomb on anything they drove and ran the piss out of it thinking they had the fastest thing on the road. And don't forget putting the Thrush wood pecker on the window along with the assorted speed shop sticker. It didn't matter that it was on a 307 4 door Nova- they still though they were cool. You will always have kids out there that are going to try and hot rod whatever they have. Some will go to the extreme to do it right and then again some will just be posers. Think about it, we all knew someone we went to school with that had the total wicked car ( it may even have been some of us) But there were also plenty of posers running around who thought they had something. And no the Nova was't mine
Nova.jpg

The last car show I entered my car in there was a ricer punk and his life partner looking over my car. I couldn't hear all that they were saying. But, I heard one on them saying,"yea, he should have done this". I'm like WTF! So, I go over to his little Civic wagon looking POS to see what I should have done to mine that he did to his. Well first off, he had two NOS bottles that were not even hooked up. I guess I should have done that. He had V-TEC stickers all on the side of the car. I guess I should have done that. He had about 500lbs of stereo equipment in the back. I did do that but total weight is about 30lbs. The only thing done to the engine was header. Oh, and all of the god awful red vacuum hoses. He has no room to say anything about anyone's car.

A funny thing that I've seen while driving through Atlanta was a Ford Cougar a early 2000 model I believe. Anyway, this dummy had a large V-TEC body sticker on the side of his car. I laughed my a$$ off. I tried to get back up him to snap a picture but he turned off before I could.

I bet if you looked closer you would've noticed that those two (NOS) bottles that weren't hooked up on that pos civic were actually speakers, yes, speakers. What a joke!

t_SCUBA8.jpg

It's probably because the teens of nowadays think fast cars should be little rice burners with coffee cans on the exhaust making them sound like glorified 2 cycle riding mowers.

This one kid got pissed at me one day when, at a light, I asked him where the blade was, he looked at me quizzically, and I said "the blade, you know, the blade for your riding mower, cause that's what it sounds like." When the light went green, he tried to burn tire but couldn't, then took off and just ran his gears way out, and I felt bad, because I was wrong, it sounded more like a chain saw.

FF

Hey come on were not ALL like that haha, I have gotten into a few scuffles because ricer boys think 100hp to the wheels and 18 second quarter miles are fast.

dont understand how you can NOT be into old iron, way cooler than a honda.

It is interesting, because one time beforeI even did anything to the car I had one guy tell me it was a nice car. It still had the /6 ticking away, and no stripes, and plain steelies on the front of the car.

He goes... "Nice car!" I'm like... It is? I didn't do anything to it yet! (It must have been the 8.5" slots in the back! :)
for some reason, this made me remember something that happened right after I got my car done- I was in the checkout line at a local hardware store and looked out the window to watch this guy looking at my car- he looked at the front 'Plymouth' license plate, then walked around the car a couple times, then looked at the plate again (the car has no badges) with a :scratch: look. When I got out I explained that it was a Scamp with a Duster front end. Then he got it.

I've also had people look at my front plate and then say "that's not a Plymouth." I almost had an argument with one guy about it (finally ending with a "yeah, I've only owned it for 5 years, I'm sure you know more about it than I do" sort of comment lol).
Sometimes when people ask me if I'm the guy with the yellow Swinger, I say yes, and sometimes I say no:neutral:

our cars were the muscle of the day with exoctics bein cool to an extent but not near as cool in america. now i think diesels are the muscle and rice is the exoctic. thay just think they are better lol(they are not:)) i love filling hondas with black smoke on the hiway lol. you go by and watch them scramble to roll up the windows lol lol

Had a couple young guys I work with running down my truck,haha old dodge truck blah,blah,on the way I blew the doors off their z71,allI heard the next day was how they were gonna get a chip and this and that and blah,blah,blahmy 32 year old truck blew your doors off stop crying.

I live in england and go to the Chelsea cruise last Saturday in the month when waiting at the lights in town someone asked my friend who was behind me " what year is your mustang ? " he replied " don't know this is a 68 charger !!! " mine has also been called a mustang but it's a 68 fastback Barracuda !!!!!! bloody cheek!!!!!!!!

I bet if you looked closer you would've noticed that those two (NOS) bottles that weren't hooked up on that pos civic were actually speakers, yes, speakers. What a joke!
I'm fimilar with the Bazooka NOS sub-woofers. These were real NOS bottles. His subs sat behind the bottles in a isobaric setup.

Today, I took the cuda for a spin and made a right at a light when I see a kid make a U turn with a rice burner and I heard tires squeeling and looked in my mirror to see him right on my *** so I gunned it to get him off my *** and immediately he thinks I want to race so he jumps in the left lane and gunns his turbo as I let off my gas since he is no longer kissing my bumper.
Then he gets in the turn lane to make a left since he thinks he beat me or something, and he gives me a thumbs up as I pass him.

Sometimes you can't even go for a cruize without all the idiots playing games like that.
I was gonne flip the dude the bird, but I figured, Nah, I better not because he will probably key my car if he ever spots it unattended.

Wow, It's nice being an adult sometimes because you can actually think ahead and notice ramifications of possible errors in judgement right on the spot, baby.

-
Back