Status
Not open for further replies.

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of Comp Cams #901-16 valve springs with Comp Cams appropriate retainers (Sorry, I cannot remember the part number on the retainers).

These have approximately 400 miles of break-in use in my 360 before my cam wiped a lobe. They were driven on very gently and not over-revved or extensively idled. You can see from the picture that they are clean, and show very little wear. The retainers and springs have always been kept as a set, no mix-ups. The locks and dampers are included too. I cannot remember if the locks are new or not, so that's up to you to use them. I had them in this motor and had NO problems with the valvetrain. Mobil1 was used exclusively in this motor and you can see there is no wear on the retainers or springs.

The springs sell for $62 from Jegs or Summit, and the retainers are over $100 and that doesn't even include overpriced shipping and bogus "handling fees". I'm asking $70 for it all, plus you'll pay only actual shipping to where ever you decide you want them shipped to from Kansas City MO. Don't blow your load on that new cam and skimp on the springs! These springs are rated for many of Comp's street-grinds (I used them with the XE268H) but they spec out for many other brands and grinds as well!!

Open to partial trades, and discounts given for sob-stories. If Rover got run over by a Chevy that had a brake failure, and you're upgrading your motor to cope with the pain, tell me about it and I'll work with you.
Thanks
John
816-337-62threeone

Attachments

• DY011441.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DY011442.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back