Status
Not open for further replies.

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Comp custom grind hydraulic roller cam. Ground on a billet core and with low side mains to be used with stock roller lifters (does not uncover the lifter oiling hole even with a 1.6 ratio rocker arm). 240int/248exh. Duration at .050”, .394int/.363exh lobe lift, 108LSA. This cam went a best of 11.80 at 116.6mph shifting around 6500rpms in a 3400lb, 365ci, 4 speed car. Makes great power! Only reason for selling is going to a solid cam setup to turn 7k+ rpms. Cam was only used for one season, is in like new condition!
Cam is $250

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Mopar performance hydraulic roller lifters. Used for one season only, all wheels turn smoothly, all plungers hold oil properly and don’t bleed down. $70

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Set of 16 Manton custom length 5/16 .085” wall pushrods 6.562” long with 5/16 cup top. These pushrods are oil through to feed oil to the rocker arm balls. Custom length work with the above cam and Mopar hydraulic roller lifters. Used for one season only, all in great shape. $80

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

Smallblock Bronze Distributor gear. This is a Comp cams bronze gear pressed and pinned onto a Mopar Performance drive gear shaft. Gear itself has about 1500 miles on. Very little wear if any at all, no shavings in the oil whatsoever. $70
DSC00452.jpg

Will sell everything as a complete package for $450 (would prefer to sell it this way). The cam alone is worth that money. PM me for more info and pictures if interested. All parts located in Toronto, Canada.

Will this set-up work in a standart LA block with no modifications?

Will this set-up work in a standart LA block with no modifications?

I think it will need to be an LA roller block to use everything including the lifters above. If using a non roller block, your best bet is the drop in link bar style hydraulic lifters that companies like Comp sells. But those lifters alone are $$$. Im not sure if these lifters will work in a non roller block as I have never tried or looked into it.

Standard LA motor will need the link bar style roller lifters if using a non roller block.

Standard LA motor will need the link bar style roller lifters if using a non roller block.

Thank you for confirming. This is what I thought, but I have never done the research to see if there is a way to use them in a non roller block.

nice sig pic by the way:D

Thank you for confirming. This is what I thought, but I have never done the research to see if there is a way to use them in a non roller block.

nice sig pic by the way:D
Thanks, I love my "cup holder" :twisted:
Oh, for non roller blocks, you'll also need to open up the pushrod holes to get the correct angle needed. I found out the fun way last year.

Thanks, I love my "cup holder" :twisted:
Oh, for non roller blocks, you'll also need to open up the pushrod holes to get the correct angle needed. I found out the fun way last year.

what diameter pushrod were you using?

also looks like the cam does not provide oiling thru cam journals 2 and 4 to oil the shaft rockers...

my my we are picky bunch today lol...ever think that it could have just been the camera angle?
DSC00437.jpg

For the record, the shafts along with the pushrod cups received plenty of oiling. Was never an issue, and when the oil pump was primed before start up all that was checked. As you can see from this last picture also, the lobes are in EXCELLENT shape

ok...there are the oiling holes...LOL

Tony, lets just say I had enough problems getting the cam correct from Comp that this thing would never have been ran if those holes weren't there:D

now thats a big cam! if lsa was wider i'd do it....

really? I think its puny lol...I thought it would be peaky with the LSA it has, but installed straight up like it was supposed to be, the powerband was very strong throughout.

It surprised me when it put my heavy, under geared, 365ci, 4 speed pig into the high 11's on pump gas...it had the mph to go a mid 11 too! Like I said, I loved the cam, worked AWESOME, but I need something that can do super high rpms for my next setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back