Comp Engineering Slide-A-Link .. Who's using them?

-

73Duster422

Reaction score
I'm looking at Slide-a-links for my Duster. I did some searching and didn't find a lot of info here. Can someone shed some light on these "traction bars"

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks,
Mark

I'm looking at Slide-a-links for my Duster. I did some searching and didn't find a lot of info here. Can someone shed some light on these "traction bars"

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks,
Mark
I put a pair on my 73 Dart Sport 340.My motor is stroked to a 372(dynoed 452hp)I also have centerforce dual friction clutch with Lakewood scattershield,8 3/4 with 4.10 and strange axels.I race my car at the track and put the slide-a-link on for traction help(running slicks also)I,m still learning to Launch my car as it,s a 4 gear.I guess I,m kinda a scarety cat when it comes to launching.Last year I broke an axel in the factory 8 1/4 and the wheel and axel passed me.Everybody has their own opinion about them,good and bad.I,m very pleased with the traction I have and they are adjustable.Sorry for being long winded,but people will try to talk you out of them.Do you plan on racing your car?A pinion snubber will work fine for a car under 400 hp with ss leafs.

OCT 08 006.jpg

i run them on my 70 dart 340 4 speed they work great but do use a solid front eye bushing in the leaf spring and it will transfer some road noise in the car bumps ect not bad though

i run them on my 70 dart 340 4 speed they work great but do use a solid front eye bushing in the leaf spring and it will transfer some road noise in the car bumps ect not bad though
340Jeff,how do you find them for traction?Any bunny hopping?Do you take your car to the track at all?

had a proublem with wheel hop until i put them on havent been to the track yet. went down to the track with a friend last summer just about every car with leafs was running them and hooking

I put a pair on my 73 Dart Sport 340.My motor is stroked to a 372(dynoed 452hp)I also have centerforce dual friction clutch with Lakewood scattershield,8 3/4 with 4.10 and strange axels.I race my car at the track and put the slide-a-link on for traction help(running slicks also)I,m still learning to Launch my car as it,s a 4 gear.I guess I,m kinda a scarety cat when it comes to launching.Last year I broke an axel in the factory 8 1/4 and the wheel and axel passed me.Everybody has their own opinion about them,good and bad.I,m very pleased with the traction I have and they are adjustable.Sorry for being long winded,but people will try to talk you out of them.Do you plan on racing your car?A pinion snubber will work fine for a car under 400 hp with ss leafs.

Wow, that must have sucked watching your axle pass you at the track! I guess that's why 8-1/4's were only offered with the automatics.

I'm currently running an 8-1/4 with 3.55's. My best 60' is 1.8 sec. with a homemade pinion snubber (1/4" from floor). I'm upgrading to a dana 60. The dana has no snubber. That's why I'm looking at the slide-a-links. I don't mind having to adjust them at the track if need be. But, I also want the car to ride normal on the street. The homemade snubber is harsh.
Oh ya, the reason for the dana, is the fresh new stroker that's on the engine stand. <evil grin>
I don't want to take a page out of your book and have the axle pass me ;)

When the axel first snapped,I thought the u-joint dropped and the driveshakt was spinning on my loop.Then it went clunk and dropped about 6 inches,I turned my head to look,and seen the wheel and 1/2 the axel pass me!Well I touched cloth in my shorts,and was shocked that I didn,t cave in my 1/4 panel.Advise for 8 1/4 owners with 4 speeds..C-clip eliminators $140 through Summit!

Picture 010.jpg

With caltracs. Do I need to change the leaf springs? Or, can I use the stock springs?

Caltrack work good with worn out 30+ year old springs.

I use them all the time set up just like that. Get a good set of shocks and the bars and they work. The split mono's Calvert sells work really well too. I'm a cheap *** and the difference I got from them wasn't that great for the $ spent. So back to nasty old springs. 8)

-
Back