Legendary Member
Reaction score
Barracuda034-vi.jpg
SANY0011-vi.jpg

Barracuda079-vi.jpg
SANY0011-vi.jpg

Barracuda008-vi.jpg
SANY11-vi.jpg

John, eventhough you have put all the blood, sweat,tears,and bloody knuckles into getting the car where it is today, dont you sit and look at those pictures and find it hard to believe its the same car? Beautiful work my friend,now enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Awesome car, man. You should be proud.

Can I ask who did your paint? Someone in Queens? I'm looking for a reasonable shop somewhere in the 5 boros, it's tough to find.

Badawg: Yes, I find it hard to believe it's the same car. But on the other hand, I assembled almost every damn thing into that car and I know what a journey it's been.

RMCHRGR: I had it done at Billy the Kidd collision out in Deer Park just off of RT:231 near Bayshore Rd. The guy whom did all the work has since left and opened his own place in Brentwood. Cost damn near 10K for all the body & paint work. He did do nice work...although there's a few things that I don't like. But hey... that's the way I roll. I took forever putting it together so I enjoyed it too.

JR & Grumps: Quiet down. You'll get those smokey burn-out videos in due time. I'm not gonna hurt it before it's broken in. But I will say this: she pulls like a freight train. Give me a week or so..... :-D

Catsncudas: Forgive me for not remembering what it was, but I know you helped me out with some parts during the build. I located parts from all over the country from a great bunch of enthusiasts. I didn't get burned once from a message board member, here or elsewhere. As proud as I am over what I've done, I'm equally proud of the people who stepped up and helped me get here. Thank you all.

68DARRT: I almost did the rims Satin Black, but at the last minute I decided on body color. I have a set of Centerlines for it. I just have to sell a house and buy a house so I don't have to worry about a tight driveway with big tires. I barely fit now. But yeah.... I'm glad I did the wheels body color. Gives it that low-key look.

I finished up a few more small things today:

SANY0003-vi.jpg

I got the hinged trunk divider in today.

SANY0002-vi.jpg

The kit came with an extra piece, so I upholstered the inside of the divider too. I also made a cardboard template for the spare tire cover. I've been prowling about looking for a suitable chunk of material to use.

SANY0004-vi.jpg

I also got the shifter boot on and installed the carbon fiber inserts in the dash. The dash bezel cracked on me, so that's going to be another expense when I re-do the seats.... I also need a set of floor mats. I can't believe how filthy the car is getting during the final assembly. I got paw prints all over the car!

I can't believe it's actually almost assembled and damn close to being DONE!

RMCHRGR: I had it done at Billy the Kidd collision out in Deer Park just off of RT:231 near Bayshore Rd. The guy whom did all the work has since left and opened his own place in Brentwood. Cost damn near 10K for all the body & paint work. He did do nice work...although there's a few things that I don't like. But hey... that's the way I roll. I took forever putting it together so I enjoyed it too.

Thanks John. $10K for such a nice job is not out of line. I actually got a quote from a guy in my neighborhood to paint my car for $12.5K! I've also had quotes for 7, 8 and 9 and one a$$hole who told me 25K.

Back in 2000 I got my Bel 1 painted for 6K by a guy in L.I.C., but that was a completely stripped body on a dolly. Kind of a crummy job too; runs, bubbling and thin paint everywhere. They did get the panels pretty straight though.

Paint is expensive no matter how you slice it.

You car is beautiful though. Hope you're not planning on driving that thing around the city and trying to parallel park it. That video from a few weeks ago of you driving around your neighborhood obstacle course hit home with me.

You car is beautiful though. Hope you're not planning on driving that thing around the city and trying to parallel park it. That video from a few weeks ago of you driving around your neighborhood obstacle course hit home with me.

Parallel park? If I can't park it without anyone within 15' of it I'll do it.... I'll NEVER leave that car anywhere out of my sight, unless it's at a cruise or show, then I'll be standing RIGHT THERE to make sure someone's little mutant off-spring doesn't drag a bicycle handle bar across the fender, or have his Mom drop her pocket book on the fender or some other equally im-polite act of aggression towards my car.

I already threatened to kill someone for almost clipping the front fender making an ill-legal u-turn in front of my friends house..... :angry7:

You did a beatiful job on your car! You should be proud. How long did it take to do it?

Congrats John, it looks great:cheers: I know you've put alot of work into your car over the years and had your share of set backs, but from what I can see it was well worth it.

You did a beatiful job on your car! You should be proud. How long did it take to do it?

This coming November will be 10 yrs. I own the car, with the last 3 spent on the restoration. I have about $22K invested in the whole project start to finish.

Hell, it's only money:-D What are you gonna do? Waste it on something like food? LOL You can always claim it on your taxes as "therapy"

This coming November will be 10 yrs. I own the car, with the last 3 spent on the restoration. I have about $22K invested in the whole project start to finish.

That is a gorgeous car.

Takes forever to save for each part don't it?

Good things come to those who wait.

Looks great fastback!! How was the maiden voyage, everything you expected? I can only imagine the trill!! I have watched and read a few lately and just cant wait for my day. Have fun with her!

-
Back