Compatible parts with 1970 dart

-

Josh89

Reaction score
hey I'm new to this site just signed up. Probably going to be pretty active since I don't know much about dodge. I picked up a 1970 Dodge Dart swinger that is missing quite a few parts. Was curious can anyone tell me what other years are compatible with 1970. For instance in trying to find a grill at the moment

70 71 grills are the same just painted different. 72 will fit but is a totally different look.

And welcome!! Good place for information.

I have a 70 also. When I bought it, it came with a 72 parts car. (mine was just a shell and missing parts also) After a little research and just comparing one to another, I discovered the 72 was very different. I was able to purchase a 71 and have found it very similar to the 70. The main difference is the rear bumper and tail lights. The 70 is a one year dodge bumper and lights, the same bumper was used a few years on Valiant. Hope this helps ya.

What about other parts like hoods? Tail lights? And other miscellaneous stuff?
Hoods are the same '70-'72, tail lights are unique to '70 unless you swap for a later bumper. Most misc stuff fits '69-'75 unless it's specific body/interior trim and then it depends on the parts. Most things interchange even if they aren't correct for that year.

It depends a lot on your goals for the car, year correct is harder to do than simply functional where you can adapt anything you like as long as it fits.

Hoods are the same '70-'72, tail lights are unique to '70 unless you swap for a later bumper. Most misc stuff fits '69-'75 unless it's specific body/interior trim and then it depends on the parts. Most things interchange even if they aren't correct for that year.

It depends a lot on your goals for the car, year correct is harder to do than simply functional where you can adapt anything you like as long as it fits.
Any idea if 74 dash (entire dash) fits a 72?

Welcome to the site Josh89. U may want to introduce yourself in the welcome wagon forum. U will get tons of help here as lots of us older guys have been there done that. Kim

From 70-72 I think almost a million Darts were produced , plenty of original and aftermarket parts out there

picked up a 1970 Dodge Dart swinger that is missing quite a few parts
You have lots of choices for parts new and used. Make a list of what you need and make a wanted thread. Beware if you are buying new parts, some of the stuff is junk, like some of, but not all the stuff sold on some of the popular sites. Sometimes it's better to be picky on certain parts and spend a bit more on better quality stuff.

-
Back