competition engineering slide-a-link traction bar adjustment problems.please help!

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
i recently built my 73 duster with a 360.no nos.i run 3.91 gears.the frames are tied together.put r/p steering in front.i purchased a new set of competition engineering slide-a-link traction bars.i run m/t et street 26x11.5 tires.
my 60 ft times were a poor 1.75 due to excessive wheel spin.
my 1/4 times were 11.90 flats.very pleased with this.i have 90-10 front shocks on the front.but cannot plant the rear.i was told these traction bars are supposed to be great.what am i doing wrong?

need more information on the car. frame connectors ? roll bar ? cage ? are you restricted to using those tires ? i assume it is a 4 speed car, need launch rpms, car weight. mph in the 1/4.... etc...the more info the better the answer...have you tried to launch the car so that it doesnt spin ?. if so what was the 60 ft. ?

68gts340 said:
need more information on the car. frame connectors ? roll bar ? cage ? are you restricted to using those tires ? i assume it is a 4 speed car, need launch rpms, car weight. mph in the 1/4.... etc...the more info the better the answer...have you tried to launch the car so that it doesnt spin ?. if so what was the 60 ft. ?
the frame is connected with mopar performance bolt in bars.i welded them in.no roll bar or cage(though probably going to get something)the car is equipped with a automatic trans.usually stall to 3200 at launch.but i may try to launch at 2-2500 next time and flash the convertor.not restricted to any size of tire as long as it is legal for street tire class.car probably weighs 3200.car is complete less the heater box.tires spin about 4 revolutions off the line and it shimmys for another 150 feet like the tires are slipping.after that the front is up and pulls hard.the battery and fuel cell are in the trunk.i run full spool and yukon axles in rear.full 3 in.exhaust with flowmaster single chamber.hedders are super comp 1 3/4 primary.
thanks for any help you can be.
jeremy :notworth:

Does the rear end of the car rise or squat when you launch? It should rise, thus planting the axle/wheel/tire to the pavement. Try adjusting your air pressure. I didn't see anything about your rear shocks, you need to have full travel on them or you could see tire shake. Have you tried a pinon snubber and not using the traction bars?

The Rear Of The Car Did Not Move Up Or Down.stayed Same Place.i Was Running 10psi In Tires.i Am Going To Order Some Adjustable Shocks From Summit And Try Those.

Any One Famailiar With These Traction Bars.i Am Finally Getting Ready To Go Back To The Track And Am Needing To Adjust Them.

Slide-a-links are like Caltrac bars. Hows your pinion angle set ?

AdamR said:
Slide-a-links are like Caltrac bars. Hows your pinion angle set ?

HAVE NOT MEASURED.I INSTALLED THE BARS.ADJUSTED THEM TILL THE RUBBER BUSHING WAS NOT LOOSE.THEN ADDED 1 FULL TURN TO THE LEFT AND 1 1/2 TO THE RIGHT.THIS IS WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID.JUST WANDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IT THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH OR SHOULD I CHANGE SOMETHING?IT WAS STILL SPINNING PRETTY BAD..

are the competition engineering as good or better than caltracs i have seen the caltracs in action and let me tell you they work but the preload has to be set right

74360duster said:
HAVE NOT MEASURED.I INSTALLED THE BARS.ADJUSTED THEM TILL THE RUBBER BUSHING WAS NOT LOOSE.THEN ADDED 1 FULL TURN TO THE LEFT AND 1 1/2 TO THE RIGHT.THIS IS WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID.JUST WANDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IT THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH OR SHOULD I CHANGE SOMETHING?IT WAS STILL SPINNING PRETTY BAD..

It is their recommendation as a starting point. You may have to adjust them after your first couple of runs.

true it will vary car to car like how much torque what tire size the weight of the car manual of auto tranny power adder or not it all works in to the equation you will just have to test and tune untill its right you might even end up changing tire size

-
Back