Complete 1967 440

-

JAndrea

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope it's ok that I post this...

Near me in a northern suburb of Minneapolis is a complete 1967 440 engine. And yes... I'm assuming it has the #915 heads. I've asked and he is unwilling to part the heads from the motor and says it is a package deal (an admirable stance). He is asking $550... I would love to buy the 440 for my Barracuda project, but I've already committed to the 383 build. I just thought i'd throw it out here in case anyone is interested. It's been a couple of months and it started at $700.

440 Engine

That's a cool engine. But just remember, not all 915 heads were the HP castings. There were some small valve 915 heads as well. I do not know how to distinguish them. Maybe one of our other members does.

The 375 hp or magnum had 1.74 exhaust vs 1.60 on the 350 hp version used in the C bodies primarily. The hp heads are gettin scarce. Does it have the exhaust manifolds? I would grab a complete 440 for that money.

Last edited:
at $550 complete? even just a long block I would be all over that, especially if the seller has any legit history of it.

That's a cool engine. But just remember, not all 915 heads were the HP castings. There were some small valve 915 heads as well. I do not know how to distinguish them. Maybe one of our other members does.

And not even all '67 440s had 915s. Some early build dates have carryover 158 casting '66 heads.

And not even all '67 440s had 915s. Some early build dates have carryover 158 casting '66 heads.
I`ve got a set of 915 heads , bone stock, off a 1967 hp 440 engine if some one needs them. haven`t measured the valves.-------bob

I`ve got a set of 915 heads , bone stock, off a 1967 hp 440 engine if some one needs them. haven`t measured the valves.-------bob
I'm interested in the heads... tried starting a conversation with you but not sure it worked.

As for the 440... not really sure about the exact details of the heads, but regardless, I thought the price is damn good. Looks like the exhaust manifolds are there as well... from the pic.

-
Back