Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
I’m selling this engine for a friend of mine. It’s a .030 over 340 with TRW 10.5 to 1 pistons, reconditioned rods, forged crank, comp cams .501 lift, 292 duration hydraulic cam, crane adjustable rockers, mild ported heads with stainless valves, HV oil pump, roller timing set, Milodon 8 quart oil pan and pickup, Edelbrock LD340 intake, Mopar Performance black wrinkle paint finned aluminum valve covers, new water pump, both pulleys and belt, alternator brackets and distributor. The engine has less than 1000 miles on it, has never been raced, runs great, has great oil pressure and does not smoke or leak any fluids at all. He has all the receipts from the work done. The engine is still in the car so if anyone is interested, you can see it run and drive to feel the power it has.

It would cost more to build this engine than what he’s asking.

Here is a link to the cam specs: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-20-322-4/

The carb, air cleaner and alternator are not included with the sale of the engine, they’re going on his new 408 stroker engine.

$3500 OBO
He's in Clark, NJ

IM001914.jpg

IM001915.jpg

IM001916.jpg

The headers aren't included as part of the engine package. Forgot to mention that part.

Ken

Nice car, love the custom work. Motor sounds sweet, he doesn't need a stroker but rev the 340 to 7,500 with the right cam, lol. Edit, cam seems fine, let that motor scream.

I hear those open air cleaner lids HURT power by screwing up the carb signal. Air should not flow straight down the carb but across it.

The problem with revving the engine high is that there are no roads here in Central NJ to do it safely. On the street, I would prefer to have a lower RPM engine to give the best performance for the RPM that you would be using driving the roads we have. At the track, now that's something else entirely.

Ken

:help: Can you tell me the make and number of the upper radiator hose? I have the same set up - 340 with Griffin side tank aluminum radiator - and I cannot find an upper hose that fits. I had to splice 2 hoses together and I would like to eliminate the splice. My spliced hose looks exactly like the unspliced one in your picture. Your help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I called the owner of the car and left a message. I'll PM his email address so that maybe you can talk to him directly.

Ken

The problem with revving the engine high is that there are no roads here in Central NJ to do it safely. On the street, I would prefer to have a lower RPM engine to give the best performance for the RPM that you would be using driving the roads we have. At the track, now that's something else entirely.

Ken

Yeah that can be true. Well there are ways around it, not too loud of an exhaust, means real mufflers and even those cherry bombs in the tail pipe by the bumper to muffler the noise down. That and 4.10 or even 4.56 gears.

But then he might run down somebody crossing the street, lol.

Roads matter! If I lived in a heavy traffic area with lots of traffic everywhere, police everywhere, etc I would buy a 5 year old Buick! But yeah, its no Chick Magnet

We've lowered the price to $3400 or make me a reasonable offer.

Ken

what the hp and what is the the trans on engine interested in engine doing s6 to v8 swap

Kurt - I estimate the HP to be between 400 and 425 and the engine has a 727 trans attached to it.

HAUK67 - If you can convince Vinnie to accept your offer then I'm sure he'll sell it. It's not me you need to ask. I'm just the guy trying to help out a friend. Send an email to Vinnie and ask. You never know.

Ken

Can't really use a BB. We need to sell this 340 to help pay for the new 360 stroker setup.

I just found out that the engine has been balanced so that's a plus for anyone interested.

HAUK67, did you try to convince Vinnie to take your offer? He's a father of 2 so you guys have something in common.

Ken

The owner agreed to include the carb and fuel line. The heads have the stainless valves, bronze guides, teflon seals and hardened seats on the exhaust side.

$3500

I can't believe it took that long to sell. I called about it a couple of times and put my snowmobile up for sale to raise the money. The sled didn't sell, the shingles blew off of my garage roof, and I still don't have a 340. Bummer for me. Congrats on the sale and to whoever bought it. It looks like a sweet 340! I'm green with envy!

It did take a while. The winter weather might have had something to do with it. I have a 360/408 stroker short block that i'm going to be putting together once the balancing is done. Would that work for you?

Thanks, but I'm really looking for a pre-71 340 or I'll just rebuild my old set up(318 block,340 heads). I'm in the process of buying my house too, so my mopar dreams are going to be put on hold for now.

Good luck with the house. If things work out, let me know. Maybe I can put something together for you.

Ken

Would he be interested in trading it for a 440 cid engine, completely rebuilt from intake to oil pan with all NEW internals, sitting on engine stand. Everything is new (Mostly Mopar Performance Parts)! The heads have been completely disassembled, cooked, mag, inspected and assembled with everything new from rockers to valves, springs and port matched to the intake. The block has been cooked, mag, line bored, balanced, down to a new electronic distributor. All it needs is a water pump, plug wires and a carb. The pistons are 9.5 to 1, the cam is streetable and set up for an automatic trans (making it nice if one decided to put a 4-speed behind it) and the engine was built to handle a blower or spray if one chooses to do so.

Hi KP. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Were not looking to trade since we're replacing the 340 with the 408 stroker. I think that it was mentioned in the original ad. The 440 does sound like a nice street piece though.

Ken

I dont know how to post a classfied ad. I got a 2006 chrysler hemi for sell can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back