Complete 8.75 rearend with axles wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec.....had to put my universal translater on........I think what he means to say is: There were no factory A-bodies that came with an 8 3/4 rear and the 4 1/2" wheel pattern. Either you need to get the factory A-body 8 3/4 and buy replacement axles in the 4 1/2" pattern, or get a different body style an narrow it.

It has the discs on the front.

I am installing an alterkation system on the front with the wildwood 12" brakes which are basically a mustang setup so i need 4.5 for the back. I need a better rear end anyway.

I appreciate your help. Members on this board have been very helpful in helping me to understand this. However, Cudamark, you have stated it so simply that i sure wish i had the benefit of your post before i began this hunt. Thanks!

Gavin

Wait a sec.....had to put my universal translater on........I think what he means to say is: There were no factory A-bodies that came with an 8 3/4 rear and the 4 1/2" wheel pattern. Either you need to get the factory A-body 8 3/4 and buy replacement axles in the 4 1/2" pattern, or get a different body style an narrow it.

body talk about a brain fart huh...

what i ment to say was that no a body width rears has the 4.5" pattern but the b bodies did... thought it might be usefull as so many are going that route...

Yeah...A bodies could have a 8 3/4 up to 1972...which were All small bolt pattern with 7/16 wheel studs...small brakes etc...

I was told a 66 B body Diff fits if you move the spring pads in 1/2" each...large bolt pattern

As I mentioned in a PM,I have an A-body housing(bare)you,ll just have to get some aftermarket axels from Moser,Strange or Bears Performance in Windsor,Ontario.All suppliers will ship,just need info on the size of brakes you,ll be using.If you want some tips on where to get brakes,backing plates and such PM me.I,ve peiced a couple together.

Thanks everyone, I have agreed to buy a 8 3/4 with a 3.23 Suregrip from Terzmo in Buffalo out of a Demon.
I'll need to change the axles but that is ok.

Thanks everyone, I have agreed to buy a 8 3/4 with a 3.23 Suregrip from Terzmo in Buffalo out of a Demon.
I'll need to change the axles but that is ok.

contact doctordiff on ebay or his website...

Cass is a great guy and can get you fix up with anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back