Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
I have a very nice 8 ¾ drum to drum rear axle assembly that will fit the A-body cars. It was originally from a 68-70 B-body but had the spring perches moved in so that it would fit the A-body cars. This entire rear axle assembly was taken out of a 74 Dart Sport mild bracket car. It had 9x30 slicks on 15x7 cop car steel wheels and it fit perfectly. The Duster, Demon and Swinger models work better since they have the larger wheel wells. The flange to flange measurement is 54 15/16”. The housing has been cleaned and painted, the axles are the LBP design that was used in the housing so they are much easier to get. They also have the “green” bearings installed and it has the 10x2 ½” rear brakes and drums. An extra set of 10x2 ½” brake shoes are included. The center section is a 742 case, that has also been cleaned and painted, with the earier clutch type sure grip that is in excellent shape. I will install whatever street gear ratio that you want up to a 4.57 ratio. The 3.91 ratio would be $25 extra. All new carrier and pinion bearings and races will be installed with a new pinion seal. Currently the smaller 7260 pinion yoke will be installed but can easily be fitted with the larger 7290 type pinion for whatever the cost to get one works out to be. There will be new steel brake lines, new wheel cylinders and a new flexible brake line installed so this is a direct bolt in. I’d like to get $1295.00 for the entire drum to drum rear axle assembly. Shipping would be done via truck freight and I can assist with arranging it, palletizing the assembly, and bringing the rear to the truck terminal for a small fee. The picture shows a cones style sure-grip unit but when I disassembled it, the unit was junk so I got a very nice earlier style clutch type unit. The second pic shows the sure-grip unit along with the axles.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• DSCN2443.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,219
  • DSCN2516.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,213
thanks but I found a complete b body with a 489 center 323 sure grip for 100 bucks just got my spring perches from summit for 18 bucks shipped and just need shock plates and im ready to install

furyrestored, that's a heck of a deal. Good luck and have fun with the project.

Still for sale.

The potential buyer (FROM ANOTHER SITE) never sent a deposit or even contacted me that he changed his mind.

Ken

We can talk about it over a cold beverage. Then maybe we can work something out. You're not that far from me.

Wow, wish you were in or even near California... dying for one of these. Can't find a thing over here. Been looking for months

Truck freight can get it there for you. Maybe we can work something out. PM me and let's see what we can do.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back