Complete heater replacement.

-

Rengo

Reaction score
Is there any way to upgrade to a modern system without cutting everything up to make something fit? Is there an aftermarket part? Experiences, Reviews.. etc

Define "modern system?"

In my view, Mopar A body heaters are actually "more modern" that many "modern" heaters.

In the summer, the direct cowl vents provide MUCH cooler air than the "more modern" "so called vent" position of my newer cars, which ramble around endlessly and pick up warm air before it ever gets to me

My hated 95 Olds Cutlass, which I bought when my Mom quit driving, and STILL has less than 45K on the clock, HAS NO MEANS to control the mix of defroster and heat. You either have "all defrost" or "all heat." The simple, physical, cable systems of yesteryear were nearly infinite in their mix adjustment. They were simple, and they WORKED!!

mopar heaters will cook lunch or you can set it to warm lunch.....or cold cuts and a few settings in between, if you like good heat then mopar has ya covered unless something is wrong

I have a 300c and wife has a Nitro, both heat & air controls, one thermostatically controlled, the other manually operated, both in theory, have infinite adjustment, yeah, infinite my ***; both suck.
The ‘67 Dart’s simple adjustments not only work, but can be operated without taking one’s eyes off the road to decipher idiotic hieroglyphics for settings that don’t deliver indicated results. I can’t tell you how many miles I have driven with cold feet, and heat soaked head during cold Mains winters in the “modern iron”. Chrysler must have found a DOT rule prohibiting directing full heat to the foot well area with dash vents not pumping hot air. Hey Chrysler engineers, heat rises, blowing heat through air conditioner dash passages in cold weather ain’t cutt’en it for the lower half of one’s carcass when it is ten below zero.
Several years ago I had to relocate the rag top Dart to new digs when we moved. It was a clear, dry 15 degree January day for the one hundred mile trip; the heater performed perfectly keeping me nice and comfortable the whole time.
I confess that I had previously replaced the heater core, and rebuilt the heater box using a kit from Detroit Muscle to factory fresh condition.

-
Back