[FOR SALE] Complete HEI Kits for Sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mounted the coil on the frame rail behind the alternator across from the original coil position
I would of mounted it to the inner fender but i have something mounted in that location
I'll post a couple pics in the morning
Aaron

I mounted the coil on the frame rail behind the alternator across from the original coil position
I would of mounted it to the inner fender but i have something mounted in that location
I'll post a couple pics in the morning
Aaron

Ok, cool.
There is another option I am considering at the moment also.
I was trying to find a device that was less than a Megasquirt (400 for the do it yourself kit) computer for on the fly timing changes since the 8 pin module is capable of it.
It seems there just really isn't a reasonable alternative at the time so I kind of dropped that idea for now.
However, MSD makes a digital ignitor for factory distributors that has a rev limiter built into it.
I am considering having it as an optional addition to these ignition kits.
http://www.jegs.com/p/MSD-Ignition/MSD-Digital-HEI-Module/757483/10002/-1

We have a member that has asked that if he has a points distributor does he need to buy an electronic for his /6 before he can use my kits.
For the price, it seems worth getting a rev limiter out of the deal instead of changing distributors.
Unless I am missing something, but I don't think I am.

Yep I missed something.
They apparently only make these for distributors that are already electronic.
Damn

Ok guys, I'm busy on it.
Give me a day or so please and these will be shipped.
I ship Priority Mail so it won't be long.

I have to finish them all then test them before they go.

Im waiting on my kit to be delivered, in the mean time I read about spark plug gap to be 45, since I cant change my gap on the e3s what plug would you recommend for a 360 approx 350 hp?

Well I had some time to play with the car yesterday and after I was able to fix a minor problem with my carb my valiant fired right up. I did have to swap white and black dizzy wire and adjust the timing but all systems are a go and the TOAD sounds great with instant throttle response
I'll post some pics tomorrow
Thanks again TrailBeast

Well I had some time to play with the car yesterday and after I was able to fix a minor problem with my carb my valiant fired right up. I did have to swap white and black dizzy wire and adjust the timing but all systems are a go and the TOAD sounds great with instant throttle response
I'll post some pics tomorrow
Thanks again TrailBeast

That's great!
Glad you like it, and just wait till ya get it out and run it. :D
I found out yesterday that most hardware places carry a two prong
Plug for "trailer" wiring that looks like a good replacement for the original distributor connector.
That way we can ship these with a plug so the wires don't have to be cut and spliced.

Got mine on today didnt have to touch anything only drove it 2 miles, coil wire too short, I will drive more this weekend but it sure looks nicer than the old stuff, also went with ngk plugs gapped at 45.

Trailbeast how do you go about making up the four prong connector is it a push loc setup or do I have to take it apart and crimp the pins
I'm hooking up a megasquirt 2 to manage my ignition and data logging
Thanks Aaron

None at all, works with most everything and comes with everything you need except connectors if you installed it with crimp type.
Personally I prefer solder.
One thing I found out here recently is that MSD makes a VR for the distributor that has a rev limiter built into it.
Pretty cool I thought.

Could you provide more details on the rev limiter?
I thought one of these might be an economical way to go with your system. Dials easy to get at...
http://www.jegs.com/i/Procomp+Electronics/746/2031/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Procomp+Electronics/746/2032/10002/-1

Could you provide more details on the rev limiter?
I thought one of these might be an economical way to go with your system. Dials easy to get at...
http://www.jegs.com/i/Procomp+Electronics/746/2031/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Procomp+Electronics/746/2032/10002/-1

The one with the dial looks like a decent unit, but the other one has to have the plug in chips. (Sold separate)

The rev limiter I was referring to is built into the Flamethrower 3 ignition module from Pertronics.
So if a person needed to convert away from points and have HEI, then that unit seemed a decent choice.

On the Flamethrower 3 I really like the fact that the rev limiter can be set, or reset from inside the car and that when you turn the ignition on, the tach jumps to the setting that has been entered for a second or two.

The one drawaback I see to the Pertronics unit is there seems to be too many failures of the module for my comfort level.

I am curious about the tach output of the module. is there a spec for that?

I am curious about the tach output of the module. is there a spec for that?

Not quite sure what you are referring to as a spec, but the white wire out of the terminal on top of the coils are for a tach connection and work exactly the same as any tack that connects to a coil negative for it's signal. (most of them do)

I am confused, is this a hei kit for those of us with stock la318s?

Yes, the kits are everything needed to swap to HEI ignition with our factory style distributors.
They eliminate all of the OEM box and wiring as well as the stock canister coils and ballast resistor, while greatly increasing the power and reliability of the ignition system.

Our HEI website is here if you have not seen it yet. www.classichei.com

So a standard Autolite 65 plug (small block) is about as good as any other plug?
There isn't a "special" plug that will benefit from the more powerful system?

Just curious ....

Ouch!! Bit of a price jump!
Just ordered one.....

Now tell me I woulda got a FABO discount....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back