Complete Newbie here!!!

-

prestigue

318v6
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Dwayne from western Nebraska....way out in the sticks. I have just aquired my very first older mopar. here is the story of that. I have been a diehard chevy builder all of my life. I have built some nova's, firebirds, cameros, elcaminos..bla, bla, bla..a couple of years ago I decide to do a test. My brother is a die hard ford geek. races a 1976 Mustang II with a small block. he has a ton of money in the car. So I decide to take a small block chevy, and make more hp and tq for way less money. so after 2 years of fighting, I finally get her done and ready for a car. I have a 64 Nova 4dr. but was looking for something a bit more like my bros mustang. I get on ebay and start searching.......when out of the blue pops this 'silly Dodge" its about 100 miles from my house, and I decide to head that way, "just for a peek" that is where it went all down hill for this chevy guru...I got out of the pickup, and there she was. Now I have been building cars for years trying to find that one out there that I love. Never have found it. and for some dang reason, I step from the pickup and dang near fall over myself to get this car. what I found is a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger. body is in very good shape. interior is 100% 1 little spot of rust, and some filler missing on the sail panels. the kid only wants 1600 for the car. so out of the pocket comes the money and on the trailer goes the car.....:cheers: you should have seen the look on the wifes face as I come draggin in a Mopar instead of the chevy I was headed to find in Denver....So now I have a built 400 chevy sitting in the garage selling on Ebay and a dodge in the garage... now the bad. after firing up for the first time here at home I hear a miss and the car is shaking like a tumble weed in a hurricane. I do a compression check and find that #2 and #8 have about 35ish pounds of compression on the 318. got kinda bummed. now the wife is really mad. But its all good. found a mild built 360 yesterday that I heard run, and checked over. got it home for $200. going to put new gaskets in her and a new balanced B&M flexplate as soon as the parts get here. then we will have a car. Man I love this thing. Even with 2.5 cyl down, it is kinda quick, and I could stare at it for hours. think I may be a mopar man for life...=P~ But be for warned. I have been a chevy guy for years, so there are going to be a ton of stupid questions comming from me in the very near future. But dont get mad....you all are preforming the ultimate custom conversion here.....removing all chevy and replacing with Mopar!! thanks all

Sometimes it takes a man a while to come to his senses!! Welcome to the site. These guys are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. Ask away.

You have found a great car!! 72 swinger.:cheers:
Welcome to this great site.
WE have the best of the best here and they can help.
Keep us updated and lets take a peek at her.=P~
All you need to do is ask.

I do apologize for not placing a pic. finally added one to my sig. picked up the motor yesterday....had to clean all the chevy stuff from the garage, to have room to work on the Dodge. you will all be happy to know that for the first time since I have her, the Nova is sitting outside, replaced my a 360 engine, and a 318 engine....:happy10: Thank you all for the warm welcome....looking forward to buggin the heck out of you with questions...8)

Welcome, nothing wrong with pitching GM for a Mopar. I was a Buick guy until going Mopar in '91

Chuck

LOL, welcome aboard, let the questions roll.

Yes, as you grow older and wiser so will your tastes.
Welcome Weed hopper. To the wonderfull world of MOPAR.

1 duster  burn out.jpg

welcome big d from nearbraska.
were the hell is nearbraska???

Hello and welcome to the where the real cars are! It could have been worse , you could have been a Ford person after all.....

Welcome to Mopar Mania from a fellow midwesterner and Dart owner.
I'm sure you'll like hanging around here. It's a great place with great mopar folks. Just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question so ask away! toolmanmike

-
Back