-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
im going to be pulling the slant out of my 1974 duster soon, it is a 225, i believe it has around 68,000 original miles but not 100% positive. i installed a complete 1978 super six setup. everything is there, correct kickdown and air cleaner. still has the vacum amplifier. i rebuilt the carter 2 brl carb, switched the egr around to block it off. i had the super six exhaust manifold but it wasnt flat so i stayed with my original exhaust manifold which is nearly identicle, but i opened up the oulet up to the size of a super six gasket all the way up to the heat riser to let it breathe. the heat riser is a little sticky but i dont think frozen. i can include a custom made 1/2" flange with part of the 2 1/2" head pipe. i cleaned and painted the intake and did a new head gasket when i did the 2 brl swap. also recurved the distributor with different springs and shortened the advance, i think im runnign around 10-12 degrees initial and it doesnt ping. i installed a brand new hd 22" radiator i added the bigger 7 blade fan and shroud form an ac car too. along with a new water pump, hoses and belts, i have a new fuel pump too. everything goes except power steering pump and alternator. i still have the 1 brl setup with the other ex. manifold and the original super six exhaust flange. this setup with a 2 1/2" single exhaust and turbo muffler made a nice increase in power.
$500.00 in central nj

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back