Completely stock harness swap?

-

4dr4ever

Reaction score
I see alot of cool swaps going on but I was wondering if anyone had tips for me with my swap. As I've said previously I'm putting a 2008 Hemi in a 1981 Dodge truck.

What I have is the stock speedo, radio, computer, fuel tank and fuel pump, 545rfe, 2008 5.7 hemi. I'm using a np208 passenger side drop and a dana 44hd front axle. But the main stuff is factory with the intention of it basically being a factory drivetrain in an old truck.

Just hoping anyone might have tips on the wiring, What I can cut out what I can keep. basically the truck will only be retaining the wiring for the heater box, lighting, and ignition key.

The best advice I can give is to get a factory service manual and use the wiring diagrams and pinouts of the connectors to determine what goes where and what you can keep and get rid of.

You can use the factory harness, but you have to do your homework.

First, I am assuming you already have the 08 motor, if that is the case you need to get a FACTORY service manual for your particular motor. Once you get the service manual you'll need to begin tracing the various circuits.

If at all possible get the engine wiring harness, the under dash wiring harness, the body power harness, and the relay, fuse panel. Using parts of these harnesses you should be able to create a harness that provides the necessary power and sensors so the motor will run correctly.

The benefit of the 545 is that the speed sensors necessary for transmission function are built into the transmission.

The other option is to buy a harness from Hot-Wire or Street and Performance.

This should get you moving in the right direction.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back