Compression estimate

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
What would a 318 with flat tops .065 in the hole with closed chambered 53005714 produce with a standard .040 gasket produce? The pistons have no reliefs and are .030 over. Also, would anyone know what Summits engine kit uses for pistons (I am assuming this is where they came from ). Thanks in advance.

Here's my guestimation: I didn't recognise the head eather, guessed it might be Magnum, so I gave it 60 cc. For the head gasket, guessed 4.1 dia.

With those fudge factors: 9.13cr.

I'd loose the Fel-pro head gasket and go with a thin MP, but that's just me.

If they are standard compression pistons then thats what you'll have...standard compression. If they are 9:1 pistons then you'll be close to that and so forth. Just because it has flat top pistons, it doesn't guarantee a boost in compression. Basically - more information is required to answer the question

My 440 has 10.5-1 pistons, but with the 452 heads (bigger combustion volume), the actual compression ratio is 9.3-1. I would say that isn't very close.

If they are standard compression pistons then thats what you'll have...standard compression. If they are 9:1 pistons then you'll be close to that and so forth. Just because it has flat top pistons, it doesn't guarantee a boost in compression. Basically - more information is required to answer the question

Thanks for the replies......don't know if they are standard compression or not. Anyway, getting kinda excited about firing this up. anyone running this combo? 30 over, closed chamber heads, LD4B, 600 cfm, HP340 cam, 3.23 7.25 SG?
I'm hoping the mild combo will be a little fun without blowing up the rear.

-
Back