Computer Question

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
I just purchased a new laptop. Could anyone suggest a good anti-virus I should install. I haven't had a laptop in sometime so I'm not sure what to use. The reason why I bought it is so I can scan all my photos and transfer all my my music. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, LARRY

Comodo Internet Security Free with firewall is what we use on all of ours.
Nothing really wrong with Avast, McAfee, Bit defender, or most any of the others either.
You are going to get infected with something anyway with any of them, paid for or not. :D

Main thi
Comodo Internet Security Free with firewall is what we use on all of ours.
Nothing really wrong with Avast, McAfee, Bit defender, or most any of the others either.
You are going to get infected with something anyway with any of them, paid for or not. :D
Best thing is to keep up with ALL OF THE UPDATES. Especially the fringe programs like JAVA, Adobe, and others similar. Sneaks have been exploiting those and others for a while now. But keep up with the updates, and leave machine on one night a week so it can do that while you sleep and not affected. My PC, Windows 7 Premium updates early Thursday morning once a week. And of course be careful of what you click on, but I'm sure you already know that.

Main thi

Best thing is to keep up with ALL OF THE UPDATES. Especially the fringe programs like JAVA, Adobe, and others similar. Sneaks have been exploiting those and others for a while now. But keep up with the updates, and leave machine on one night a week so it can do that while you sleep and not affected. My PC, Windows 7 Premium updates early Thursday morning once a week. And of course be careful of what you click on, but I'm sure you already know that.

And still get infected at some point, just likely later than sooner.
But yes, all great advice.

-
Back