condensation

-

mopardads67

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed alot of condensation coming out of my exhaust,enough that I'm kind of concerned about rotting out my new mufflers.I put a cup under the tail pipe to collect some.It appears to be clear and not green.Awhile ago I put a 180deg. Tstat. in place af the 190 that I originaly had installed when I rebuilt it.Do you think if I put the 190 back in It would cut back on some of the condensation?Do you guys have any other ideas?Since it is winter time I haven't been driving her much but I do atleast let her warm up to opperating temps when i do start her.Thanks for any of your input.Mark

the water temp has nothing to do with the condensation coming out of the pipes:wack:. you have to run it until the exhaust heats up enough to get rid of it:cheers:.drilling a 1/8th hole in the low points in the pips will help it to run out:salute:.or take it out and run it for 20miles or so:prayer:.but getting it up to temp by the water is only making more water and I doubt if its even opening the choke:violent1:...just trying to help........ Artie

Look at your relative humidity for the day. Above 60%?. I know it is common for you to have 80-90% at times in the east. Warm up is a good thing that you are doing. Also do the mufflers have weep holes in them ?Usually in the rear of the muffler by tailpipe connection to releve excess moisture.That helps with keeping the rust out to a minimum.

Thanks for the input.The mufflers are flomaster 50s so there is no weephole. Maybe I'll just have to get her out this weekend and run the piss out of her.

-
Back