condenser? which side of coil

-

tiltedsix

Reaction score
69' slant six all mechanical...... not sure which side of coil the condenser connects to...it seems like you would want to condense it coming into coil the 'negative' ...had new one ..but mechanic a month ago took it off & just realized it was missing .....and know spark plugs are glazing like their getting to hot

69' slant six all mechanical...... not sure which side of coil the condenser connects to...it seems like you would want to condense it coming into coil the 'negative' ...had new one ..but mechanic a month ago took it off & just realized it was missing .....and know spark plugs are glazing like their getting to hot

do you mean the condensor in the distributor? engine won't run without condenser in points igntion. wire comes from distributor and hooks to coil negative

your condenser for your ign. system is inside your dist. if its coil mounted its a suppressor and goes on the bat + side. but I could be wrong.

condensor goes to only wire on a points distributor...negative!
ignition-system-points.gif

You can live without it as it is for radio noise suppression. If I remember it goes on + side of coil. I have seem them go bad and it kills ignition dead. It will drive you crazy ask me how I know.

condensor goes to only wire on a points distributor...negative!
ignition-system-points.gif

You can live without it as it is for radio noise suppression. If I remember it goes on + side of coil. I have seem them go bad and it kills ignition dead. It will drive you crazy ask me how I know.

A car with POINTS distributor almost always uses TWO "condensers"

1.....inside the distributor which not only protects the points but is necessary to form the spark

2....One on the coil + side for radio suppression. Even the Mopar breakerless systems used these.

Additionally on Mopars, there's a cap / condenser inside the alternator across the output stud for a filter, and another mounted on the dash cluster to supress hash from the instrument voltage regulator.

-
Back