Condensor

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
On my 74 Duster there is a condenser that goes to the coil what side + - does it go.Dont know much about that little guy,i have always toss it.

I believe that it goes to the positive post on the coil. It's connected to the blue wire here, but I can't see what polarity it is.

Last edited:
Here's pictures of a stock 69 roadrunner with a 383 and points distributor...

DSC02262 B.jpg

DSC02262 B2.jpg

DSC02263 B.jpg

DSC02263 B2.jpg

I believe that it goes to the positive post on the coil. It's connected to the blue wire here, but I can't see what polarity it is.

You can see the other wire opposite it the blue condensor wire is black, which I believe goes from the points distributor to the negative post on the coil...

I doubt Snake is running a points distributor?? Maybe it's the radio noise suppressor he's referring to.....

I doubt Snake is running a points distributor?? Maybe it's the radio noise suppressor he's referring to.....

He may...

It looks like a condensor, but is a noise supressor for the radio... some people use the term interchangeably because they look the same...

The condensor for the points is inside the distributor... We changed that when we took the pictures last weekend...

A correct electrical term for both is capacitor.

The noise suppression happens because the AC component of spark current, has a short path to ground at the coil positive, with the capacitor. Without it, the path is several feet of wire between the coil plus and battery, and then ground. The wire radiates the high frequency spark signal as an antenna.

-
Back