Confused, anyone know what this number could be?

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
I live in GA and purchased a 69 dart from a fabo member in Kansas almost two years ago and the vin number on the title did not match the car and was unlike any vin number I have ever seen..long story short the car was legit and checked out fine. I had the police inspect the vehicle and dash vin and everything was correct. Car is registered and if I ever sell, the new buyer just needs a bill of sale and current registration to register it in his/her state..I still have the title with this number on it: 123P8B141697

Kansas DMV said that with older cars they sometimes use the cast number on the block as the VIN on the title..but, this is not a block number either...I do not need the old title but very curious if this was a DMV mistake or a real number. DMV said it could be their mistake but a painful pointless process for me to have it corrected..the previous owner also gave me a ton of paperwork including old registration with this 123 number on the papers....any ideas??

Is the car a real 1969 340 Swinger? If so, somewhere along the line, someone saw on your VIN tag "LM23P9B141697", but wrote "123P8B141697".

Glad ya got it worked out anyway.

George

George, that sounds very possible but the car was originally a 6 cylinder. Based on the dash vin and the previous owner..LP23B9B is the beginning of my VIN...hmmmm

Thanks for your help...

Bought for original owner, my elcamino had a misprint in the title, had to have the police check it out

as long as you have the paperwork to make it legal, who cares, right?

Wildcat...exactly, but I was just curious...thought I may have missed something... Curiosity killed the cat :)

-
Back