considering Doug's

-

Wally426ci

Reaction score
I know im beating a Dead Horse here since there are alot of Header threads going, but! I have a 727 and im reading that they will not fit. Im wondering if anyone has successfully installed them with a 727. :help:

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a 727 behind a 360 in a 72 Dart. Been looking at TTIs,and Dougs as well. AS you mentioned, Dougs says no to the 727.

I got a reply from a Trans guy on another board that stated there should be no difference when it comes to header fit.... Maybe the cooling lines would need to be routed, not sure.... I may just go for it....

I have a 360 727 combo with doug's headers without any issue in a 67 barracuda. HTH

I know im beating a Dead Horse here since there are alot of Header threads going, but! I have a 727 and im reading that they will not fit. Im wondering if anyone has successfully installed them with a 727. :help:
Im wondering the same, just had a header conversation with Adam last night at Marcus. Seems like the price is right :) But I cant afford to gamble-already did with Dynamic converters.

I just called Petronix, they told me that running the D453's with a 727 is fine as long as a mini starter is used. They did specifically say Mopar mini starter but im sure most will work. The 727 pushes the starter out further.

Three cheers for Wally!

Phonecalls to the product manufacturer

are the best option for accurate info!! -- 8)

Summits price is less than Whitney. Also, Doug's shows a "one size fits all" in that their header is listed for A,B, and E body. They must make a LOT of room somehow for one header to fit all three (not that there's much difference between B and E anyway)

Summits price is less than Whitney.

Yeah, I called them to check price & availability on a set for an early A since they weren't listed on their website.. They called me back after a couple of days & said they would be a special order item & their price was about $55 more than Summit.

Do any of you guys using Dougs with a 727 have colum shift? Thats what I have.Summit site says no on 453s with colum shifter. I wonder what the issue is?

-
Back