Considering to sell my 71 duster project....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

70-duster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Here are some pictures of my 71 duster that I am considering selling. I am in the process of buying a new house and can use the money. All of the bodywork has been done and blocked out. The car came from California so it was not all rotted out. One lower quarter was replaced because someone cut it out to put it on another vehicle. The car was an original /6 car but now there rests a 318 in it. The transmission is a 904 and came out of a 70 dart that had 75,000 miles on it. I have most all the parts to finish this car, minus a few small items. I am having the seats recovered as we speak. The car did not come with a title but I am in the process of trying to obtain one. The car is a complete delete car. No a/c, no power steering, no power brakes, no radio. The car does have front disc brakes. The car has been painted the stock white in all the jambs, and am going to paint the car next week. I am asking $7000 for the car as it sits now or $10,000 after it is painted with new tires and exhaust. let me know if you want more pics and make me an offer.

Attachments

• DSCN0253.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,206
  • DSCN0260.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,195
  • DSCN0259.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,211
  • DSCN0258.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,205
  • DSCN0257.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • DSCN0256.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,200
  • DSCN0255.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSCN0254.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,207
Paint and bodywork on a job like this costs around $4000. I know it is the time of year, but not even a peep?

could you explaiun to me why there are multiple squares cut from the dash? ive seen this on a lot of old mopars when i was shoppin for a car last year an i just dont get it. also, if i had space, cash, an my dart was done, id be all over this....oh and your on the wrong side of the country =(

could you explaiun to me why there are multiple squares cut from the dash? ive seen this on a lot of old mopars when i was shoppin for a car last year an i just dont get it. also, if i had space, cash, an my dart was done, id be all over this....oh and your on the wrong side of the country =(

That is what a dash looks like with the dash pad off.

It seems like a nice deal but my wife would kill me if I bought another car. Good luck!

The car came from a no title state. There are several title companies out there to get a title and I am currently working with International Title Services. They are taking a long time and I am dealing with that. The dash pad is out of the car and that is why you see the "squares".

i don't know how many times i have heard that excuse used. there are ALOT of states that do not have "titles" or titles on cars after a certain age. but,they ALL have a certificate of registration. which means if the car had been in the previous owners name,or even the person they got it from had put the car in their name,there would be a certificate of registration in that "non title" state. and any of those certificates of registration will transfer to a title in your state. or a new certificate in your state. so in other words,you bought the car with "no paperwork" and just hoped to get a title later..............

I would just keep this, you won't get five with the state of the economy. I do want it but out of my 3400 range

i don't know how many times i have heard that excuse used. there are ALOT of states that do not have "titles" or titles on cars after a certain age. but,they ALL have a certificate of registration. which means if the car had been in the previous owners name,or even the person they got it from had put the car in their name,there would be a certificate of registration in that "non title" state. and any of those certificates of registration will transfer to a title in your state. or a new certificate in your state. so in other words,you bought the car with "no paperwork" and just hoped to get a title later..............
HEY SUPERBYRD, it is not an excuse, it's a fact. I don't have a title, I am trying to acquire one. The car did not have a certificate of registration when I got it. I ran the VIN to make sure it was clean. I have done this before and gotten a clean title.](*,)

what i was saying is,you stated that the car came from a "no title state" is why there is no title on the car. there are alot of states that do not issue titles on vehicles older than 10 years old.
but that doesn't have anything to do with why you have no title on that car.
you bought the car with "no paperwork" at all.. no title,no certificate of registration,no nothing.
it's just easier to say that you are going to get an outside title on the car,because you bought it with no paperwork. don't get your panties in a bunch,it's cool. i was just stating a fact. and trust me,i have been chasing paper trails on old cars a very,very long time myself.
nice car,and good luck with the sale.

My bad superbyrd, I thought you were hammering me on not having paperwork and making excuses. The car is going to be painted on monday. trying to decide if I should paint it all white with the black side strip, paint it white with the flat black hood, cowl, and around the window with the large 340 on the hood, or all white with the black decal going down the center of the hood? Any ideas guys? What do you think the most popular is?

i would say it would look better solid color with the stripe down the side. it's your car,it's up to you. on a side note,i definitely wouldn't put a big "340" on it, being it's just got a 318 in it.......

I was leaning that way as well. It doesn't bother me about the 340 being on the car, cause someone will probably pull that 318 and put a 340 in it anyways. What about the flat black hood without the 340 on it?

i have never been a big fan of the hood blackout treatment on a-bodies. to me,for some reason,it makes the hood look really short in proportion to the body. that is only my opinion. to get a good look at it that way,since the hood is off,get your self a couple big,44 or 55 gal. size black trash bags,and drape them over the engine bay,tape them on tight,and get back and get a look at it. atleast it will give you an idea.

Here she is guys. All painted. I just have to finish wet sanding and buffing it out, plus put the stripe down the side and maybe on the hood. I got the seat back from the upholsters and they look great. There will also be a new gas tank and sending unit installed. I also visited the DMV and we straightened everything out, and I will have a clear Illinois title in 10 working days.

Attachments

• DSCN0284.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN0283.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 385
Having that title should help a lot. It looks like car sales are finally picking up, so I think you have a good chance of selling it when the title comes in. Good luck!

Times must be tough if no one wants a 71 duster that you will basically just have to get in and drive.:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back