Console Carpet Install Help

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got tired of waiting on my interior guy to do stuff on my car so Im putting the console carpet on myself. My question is how high up do I need to trim the carpet. Mine is just taped in from the backside for measurement purposes, but it looks too far down the side of the hump. Any pics, ideas, or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

Hey guys,
I got tired of waiting on my interior guy to do stuff on my car so Im putting the console carpet on myself. My question is how high up do I need to trim the carpet. Mine is just taped in from the backside for measurement purposes, but it looks too far down the side of the hump. Any pics, ideas, or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

View attachment 1715079663

View attachment 1715079664
Don't cut it, that's how it's supposed to fit. When the seats are in, you wont even notice it.

I like the trim in the passenger side better than the driver's side... It fits nice and snug...

Can you make the driver's side carpet trim match the pass side on the rear of the console???

I like the trim in the passenger side better than the driver's side... It fits nice and snug...

Can you make the driver's side carpet trim match the pass side on the rear of the console???
I'm sure I could, it would require cutting the top of the carpet at the corner. The trick is that this carpet is all one piece and the cuts have to be really precise to keep from wrinkling the rest of the carpet. I'll give it some thought. Thanks

I'm sure I could, it would require cutting the top of the carpet at the corner. The trick is that this carpet is all one piece and the cuts have to be really precise to keep from wrinkling the rest of the carpet. I'll give it some thought. Thanks
Don't do it, it covers some of the shifting mechanism and gives access from the flap to the underside of the console without removing it.

Don't do it, it covers some of the shifting mechanism and gives access from the flap to the underside of the console without removing it.

Good point..

But his looks a little too long, maybe trim it up just a little... Not much, just a little...

I installed my GV controller in my console and had to access the wiring and shifting mechanism after the console install.
That driver side carpet was a great asset----------------:)

It looks pretty darn good where its at now. I attached a portion of mine with Velcro so I could peal it back to access the bulb, whatever. The adhesive backed Velcro from Walmarts craft dept' wont do. My better Velcro came from a old EZ Up canopy and frame.

-
Back