Not open for further replies.

7071DartGTReg

Deceased - RIP Bruce
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am going ahead with the Console/Floor Shifter conversion on my '70 Dart GT.

I am lacking 3 parts to complete this:

Woodgrain Shifter Knob with Button and Spring,
Lower Torque Shaft Mounting Bracket (bolts to the Tranny),
And the actual Shift Rod to Tranny Shift Linkage Bar.

If you have any or all of these parts for sale please PM me with price and shipping to 31030.

Thanks,
Bruce B.

I can help you with the shift knob. Call me......:cheers:

I believe I have it all. I bought a package deal with everything required to install a console. I really only wanted the console as it was in mint shape.

I don't think it'd be an easy mod to make these work on my 545rfe so I'd be willing to sell all the shifter parts.

Riddler

I believe I have it all. I bought a package deal with everything required to install a console. I really only wanted the console as it was in mint shape.

I don't think it'd be an easy mod to make these work on my 545rfe so I'd be willing to sell all the shifter parts.

Riddler

Shoot me a price Riddler, See if I can afford it right now.

Later,
Bruce B.

TY TY TY!
Woodgrain Shifter Knob, Spring, and Button taken care of.

Still need the other 2 peices.

Thanks,
Bruce B.

Got it today!
Thank you so much again.
I will post pics of it when it is back where it belongs.... onna shifter for my 1970 Dart GT.

Later,
Bruce B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it made the cross country journey safely :happy10:. You are very welcome and I look forward to seeing pics of it installed on your Dart GT!

So many people missing the same 2 pieces.
So I crawled under my parts car today and pulled these. They aren't for sale. I'll take them to my mate at the local fab shop tomarrow. I can't say when I'll have them ( 6 of each ) or how much they will cost. my best guess is 3 weeks and 35.00 for the pair.
The lower support will have the correct size hole for the factory bushing but not the bushing itself. You dont need it anyway. Just shove a piece of neoprene fuel hose over the down rod.

Attachments

• a body shifter missing links cropped.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 280
I'm going to convert to 4 speed, so I'll have all the auto console stuff up for sale in the coming months as well if anyone needs. It will be a complete unmolested package deal with EVERYTHING...

Peter

So many people missing the same 2 pieces.
So I crawled under my parts car today and pulled these. They aren't for sale. I'll take them to my mate at the local fab shop tomarrow. I can't say when I'll have them ( 6 of each ) or how much they will cost. my best guess is 3 weeks and 35.00 for the pair.
The lower support will have the correct size hole for the factory bushing but not the bushing itself. You dont need it anyway. Just shove a piece of neoprene fuel hose over the down rod.

These Bushings can be had by the handful.
Same Bushing is used for the Column Shift Torque Shaft Bracket.
So why not drill the hole the correct size for it?

Just me 2.5 cents worth... not a criticism or dig.
(Opps... just re-read your post.... my bad.... ignore me).:violent1:

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: These ARE the 2 parts I ALSO need.

Without a bushing or some sort of insulater the 2 parts would make a tapping noise.
With the proper factory bushing there is no room for movement. When the left bisquit type motor support would break the shifter would go to neutral and sometimes reverse.
Results were blown engine, damaged trans, or both.
The spool type motor supports put an end to that.

Hi Cheryl and Bill,

Here is the Positive Feedback I just posted for you:
Even though this was not a "Sale" I felt the need to post a Positive Feedback on our recent deal.

Seller 6pk2goDemon shipped part with no delays or issues at all.

Thanks again,
Bruce B.

What is the length of that trans mounting plate and length of the bar. I think I might have them with a new bushing set as well. I got a big mess of console parts in my attic. Not sure if its a complete assemble or have extra parts.

Sean

What is the length of that trans mounting plate and length of the bar. I think I might have them with a new bushing set as well. I got a big mess of console parts in my attic. Not sure if its a complete assemble or have extra parts.

Sean

I wish I knew this!

I don't have them so I have no way to find this out.

Anybody?? Help!

Later,
Bruce B.

Here's a couple pics that may help you Bruce. This is a 904 hooked to a small block.

I'm confused with a few of the responses as I am under the impression that 904 and 727 setups are the same on an A-Body??

Attachments

• 904 Tranny Bracket 002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 904 Tranny Bracket 003.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 904 Tranny Bracket 007.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 181
Well still need? I have 727 parts as in shifter I remove all from a 75 charger Knob to trans all brackets arms levers and the boot and the hump it's small but should be put in.
Let me know. (E mail removed by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back