Console light

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hey all,
This may be a stupid question,but I have never changed a lightbulb for my console.
I'm sure there is a bulb to light up the gear selector.
The thing is I have only driven at night a couple times and thought there should be a light.
If one of you great smarter members could help me out,that would be great!:prayer:

Drivers side of the console is cut away so we can get a hand in there to that bulb/socket. About impossible to see what we're doing though. Maybe someone can post a pic of a console upside down. That would help I'm sure.

Drivers side of the console is cut away so we can get a hand in there to that bulb/socket. About impossible to see what we're doing though. Maybe someone can post a pic of a console upside down. That would help I'm sure.

Thank you!
I don't really want to take the console out..:banghead:

Here's a pic....Yes, you can reach the bulb thru the opening on the drivers side. I think it's near the middle of the shift indicator lens....

Attachments

• P1010828.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 217
getting the socket back in the hole, and stay, and provide a chassis ground path is fun.
My hands haven't worked right since my neck injury/surgery. Supporting, propped up on elbows doesn't help. Did I have better luck reaching over the console with left hand from right seat ? I surely don't remember.

yeah I undo the console screws and lift it up on the shifter to get enough room to reach up under without being a contortionist .

-
Back