console me

-

72blue

Reaction score
So we are in the final stages of assembly on my duster.As i have said before this was a stock front bench car.I am swapping in buckets but am not sure of the exact Console's factory location(in a bodies that had them.By the look of peoples pics the front end tucks up under the dash leaving about 6 inches of space to the heater duct openings.Sound about right?For the record i intend on putting an aftermarket performance shifter in so i am HOPING there is something available performance wise that will be able to be put through the stock console and not have to lean forward to reach it.

exact placement of console isn't critical in a manual trans car. It is with automatic console and shifter. If it's not very close to perfect the shifter will hit the bezel at park and/or the plastic blind on the slot will bind and break.
I made a locating templete for a-bodies but rigid 10X60 isn't practical to ship. So I produce a paper copy of that master templete to fold and mail anywhere for 8.00 USD. You'll use school glue, a razor, and a piece of cardboard, luan plywood, whatever to create your own rigid templete.
pm me if you want one. Good luck

-
Back