console mounting brackets

-

roadripper

Reaction score
I am about to install the counsel brackets on my kids demon which use to have the column shift . I don't have a car to measure off of for proper factory location :banghead: was wondering where i could find this info or can someone measure from the front floor seam on their car and let me know where they are located ?:D thanks mike

I don't make the brackets anymore but I still produce a paper install template.
Bracket placement isn't so critical for a manual trans shifter. If the console isn't very close to correct over a automatic shifter the sliding plastic blind in the bezel wont live very long.
Ask others about their success using the template.

Use the template from RedFish! It will make your life much easier. It will cost you almost nothing compared to the headache of trying to get the brackets right without the template.

Hi,

Do you still have the templates. I have a 66 Canadian Valiant which is the same as a 66 Dart.
I plan to go from auto column to Auto floor shift this winter. If you have them let me know what you need to get one. I'm in Ontario Canada.

Thanks Jeff

I don't have any more templates and don't plan to make more.

AMD makes the brackets in case your interested.

Attachments

• 490-1067-AS_800.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 188
AMD brackets are too much like OEM in some ways. Ho manner of attaching to floor other than welding ( mine had added tangs and holes for screws or rivets ).
They included the slotted screw holes where console attaches so if the brackets aren't placed very close to perfect the screws will very likely find those slotted holes and shift the console. My brackets didn't have those slotted holes. Drill point screws were provided. Get it right once and the console could be removed repeatedly and always go back in exactly the same place. Add my template and subtract about half of AMD price. Ask me why I stopped doing any and all charity work for a-body owners. Good luck though

-
Back